Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #1

2016 Jayco 318RETS 37 foot travel tralier

I have a 2016 Jayco Eagle 37 foot travel trailer (Polar Package) it came with one air conditioner for the rear living room kitchen area, the bedroom I was told is already set up to install a second unit or pre wired that is. I have a what looks to be a solid socket plug looking panel above the bedroom ceiling and if they install the 2nd unit they will have to cut into the roof in order to connect to the roof duct air system My Jayco is a 50 amp but I don't see where on the thermostat is set up to run a second unit or if I turn on the air will the bedroom unit come on at the same time. My roof has the air duct system which I was told is the best but when you are out in 90 degree weather the one unit that I have really does not cool down the trailer if it is 90 outside it feels like its 80 inside. I ordered a 2nd unit to help cool down the Jayco but if this 2nd unit is tied into the main and I'm at an RV park that only has 30 amp how will the 2nd unit keep coming on without blowing the camp breaker switch. The RV tech said they won't know until they pull the panel plate on the bedroom ceiling to see how Jayco wired this Eagle up for a 2nd air conditioner. Has anyone out there installed a 2nd unit that has a Jayco that is pre wired for a 2nd unit?
Rhodesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:28 PM   #2
Site Team

You can’t run both at the same time with 30 a.
The 2nd unit will have its own cool only thermostat. Wires should be tied off somewhere , look in a closet for a wad of wires.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
You can’t run both at the same time with 30 a.
The 2nd unit will have its own cool only thermostat. Wires should be tied off somewhere , look in a closet for a wad of wires.
Thank you My Jayco Eagle is set up for 50 amp it was intended for two units on the roof as an option but if I ended up in an RV park that only has 30 I can only run one air conditioner, my question was if my model is pre wired for two units I did not want both to come on while I have the 50 amp plug converted down to 30 amp. I wanted to see if the 2nd unit is pre wired on a separate thermostat other than that all the wiring for the 2nd unit in the bedroom is all pre wired in the ceiling nothing in the closets all the wiring is heading to the panel where your switches are located for your slide outs etc. etc. When you pull off the small panel in the ceiling all there is a plug that plugs into the 2nd unit I'm afraid that its all tied into the same wiring harness to the 1st unit. It's funny the RV place sell nothing but Jayco's so you would think the tech would have some answers.
Rhodesia is offline   Reply With Quote