Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #1

2019 29RLDS Back-up Camera no power

Purchased a Furion FOS48TAPK-BL and installed it on our 2019 29RLDS. There was pre-wiring in-place, a female adapter from the trailer, to just plug in the camera. Camera worked fine testing it but now there doesn't seem to be any power to the camera after installed on the camper.

I don't see any separate switch in the camper anywhere to activate the power. Thought maybe it had to be hooked up to the truck 12v and in back-up gear, but still no power.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is wrong or am I missing something?

Thanks!
medic149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #2

The camera may be powered through the marker lights. The truck will have to be plugged in and the marker lights turned on. Other trailers, such as our Pinnacle, are on all the time. Very few have been built with switches to turn them off and on. If your trailer has a switch it will probably be located on the side of the bay area. Try the marker lights first.
15 Gal Aux Gas Tank
Double Tow 2016 Yamaha Viking Side x Side
Donpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #3

Ditton Donpop. I'm pretty sure power to the camera is off the same line that powers the trailer running lights which means the trailer has to be plugged into the TV and the TV running lights have to be on.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #4

Tried that. No go
Old 07-29-2018, 10:11 PM   #5

My 291rsts has a switch in the outside control center with the water hook up to turn on the camera power. Mine is just above the cable hook ups, near the solar panel plug above water hook up.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:47 AM   #6

Verify you did not blow a fuse in the trailer or in the tow vehicle. My 27.5rkds camera runs off the market lights, we turn on parking lights in our truck to use the camera.

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Verify you did not blow a fuse in the trailer or in the tow vehicle. My 27.5rkds camera runs off the market lights, we turn on parking lights in our truck to use the camera.
As Ruth mentioned, with your TV hooked up to your trailer turn on the TV highlights and see if the running lights on the trailer come on. If they don't the fuse in the truck where power to the trailer lights goes through is blown. If the running lights on the trailer come on when you turn the TV highlights on and the camera still doesn't power up then either it's on a separate line with a separate switch somewhere or somehow the power to it (same power used to power the trailer running lights) was disconnected.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 07-30-2018, 07:26 AM   #8

Thanks! I've tried every combination with the TV lights, back-up, etc. We are actually camping now and I plan to pull the camera off when I get home to see if it still works hooked up to the pig tail on the monitor in the truck. I've torn the camper apart looking for a switch. We actually saw videos of our model online and they had a switch in the front exterior compartment. When the dealer was giving us our demo, he even said, "and the switch for the back-up camera is in the compartment". Uhm, nope, it's not. Still thinking they forgot to run the switch. lol
Old 07-30-2018, 07:45 AM   #9

One more suggestion before you pull all your hair out. At the rear see if you can get enough slack in the pig tail plug to pull out the hot wire and ground wire to check the connection. They are probably just the crimp on wire connectors and one may not be making contact. Squeeze the connectors with a pair of pliers. If that doesn't work poke a pin or cut a small slit in the two wires to check with a meter or test light to verify power. That is all based on the assumption the power is coming from the lights from the truck. If that doesn't work I am out of suggestions. Good luck.
15 Gal Aux Gas Tank
Double Tow 2016 Yamaha Viking Side x Side
Donpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #10

If the trailer running lights are coming on and the camera isn't working then it's either a separate switch that controls power to the camera or a disconnect at the point where the camera power wires were spliced into the wires that power the running lights (assuming this was the set-up). Donpop gave instructions on how to check power to the camera with a multimeter. You might want to check in the center cabinet above the recliners in the back of the trailer. There maybe access to those wires in that cabinet.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC

Tags
29rlds, back-up camera