Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #1

2022 29BH Dual Grey Tank Question

We have a new 2022 29BH. This model has two grey tanks with a total capacity of 60-61 gallons. Based on usage so far it appears one tank is collecting water from the shower, and the other from both kitchen and bath sinks.

A question has come up with regard to what I would refer to as spillover from one grey tank to the other. As we use both sinks and the shower if we fill one grey tank will the wastewater spill over to the second tank before overflowing or backflowing into the RV? In other words, could I accumulate 55+ gallons of greywater before needing to dump either or both tanks?
kneverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #2

My trailer has 2 gray water tanks--one for the bath and kitchen and one for the clothes washer. We don't have a washer, so I added a 2nd gate valve at the dump outlet and open both of the original grey water valves. The water now fills both tanks and I have double my original capacity. When ready to dump I simply close both gray valves and open the black, then close black and open grey. This system works great.
Old 04-03-2022, 07:17 PM   #3

I have 3 grey tanks on mine,with washer prep. I also put a gate valve on the outlet and open the 3 grey water valves. All three fill evenly.
Jbunn44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:19 AM   #4

Get on of these for your dump valve...
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...s%2C861&sr=8-5

Keep that valve closed and your grey tank valves opened, and the tanks should equalize.
Attached Thumbnails
Gate Valve.jpg  
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:55 PM   #5

That waste valve attachment is interesting. But wouldn't that cause an overflow of my black tank to run over to my grey tank(s)?
kneverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:25 PM   #6

You only open the factory grey tank valves---we're not talking about the black tank valves at all. Don't open that or you will be equalizing all 3 tanks, and that is not good! The sole purpose of this fix is to double your grey tank capacity. I've never run short of black tank capacity, too irregular for that.

Tags
grey tank pair dual