Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2021, 06:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
We just picked up our JayFeather 27 BHB. I purchased and installed a 5" display Furrion rear camera system and noticed that my front side marker lights have a black plastic hub that says Furrion on it. Looks like a place to put side marker cameras.

Question:

Where is the best place to buy just the side cameras? (I live in Canada)
How do you install these? Is it as simple as the rear camera? (4 screws, plug in wire and screw back on)

I couldn't see any screws but didn't look too closely...

I found this video on installing a new Furrion side marker light but was hoping to just pop off the cover and install the camera.

Thanks!
All you need to do is remove the covers of the side marker and there are two screws under it. The covers slides off and the camera slides in its place.
Codierun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepcom View Post
Well, figured it out! And posting it here in case it will help someone else!

Just inside of the front left storage compartment on the outside of the trailer is a small wooden box, held in with two screws.

Behind the screws... are the wires for all the trailer lights!

and under the box, all the wires are labelled and color coded!

Attachment 63264

I can now tap the Brown wire from inside the watertight compartment and go to each marker light easily.

Prior to this discovery, I was trying to figure out how to tap the brown wire from the little distribution box on the underside front of the trailer, but since my trailer has the underbody kit, I was reluctant to drill any holes where water could get in later and cause problems!!

So if anyone has a Jayco 264bh or similar, and is installing the side marker cameras, there’s where to tap to grab the brown wire for constant camera function when the running lights are on (still works with blinkers enabled!!)

—zepcom

Zep-thanks for the posts. I, trying to install the haloview in my 2022 jayflight 264bh, same install looks like you did. I have the same JaySMART controller but why did you have to connect there? The wires at the side marker light have a power and ground there. I’m working to figure out what wire does what. And as others mention my right turn signal makes my rear haloview camera go out (connected to furion pre-wire with thr adapter). Great camera if I can just get the install to work. Any advice?
Klwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 11:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codierun View Post
All you need to do is remove the covers of the side marker and there are two screws under it. The covers slides off and the camera slides in its place.
Thanks Codie!
FrankW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
Thanks Codie!
That only works for furion camera. We’re talking about Haloview camera in place of the entire side marker light.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #25

Location of side cameras.

Am I the only person that doesn't feel comfortable with the side cameras mounted low? I would like to mount mine up high. I feel that I would have a better view of tree limbs and even other vehicles from a high vantage point. Problem is I don't have any side marker lights up high(287bhs). I also feel that the camera is less likely to get knocked off up high.
DUX4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 01:57 PM   #26

I had planned to add side cameras but have found that nothing really improves on always checking the side mirrors. Just saying. And I love tech as much as anyone. Sometimes analog is better.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX4LIFE View Post
Am I the only person that doesn't feel comfortable with the side cameras mounted low? I would like to mount mine up high. I feel that I would have a better view of tree limbs and even other vehicles from a high vantage point. Problem is I don't have any side marker lights up high(287bhs). I also feel that the camera is less likely to get knocked off up high.
I posted early in this thread - I work for a motorcoach company and we installed an 8 camera system in all our coaches. The 2 side view cams are mounted very high, almost at the roofline angled at about 45 degrees. They provide a very decent view of the side of the bus. When I did the Haloview 3 cam system on my trailer my intent was to do the same as the buses but went with the standard marker light position down low for ease of install. The view is absolutely fine down low as well. There isn't much of a difference between the two as far as field of view and seeing what needs to be see.
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
I had planned to add side cameras but have found that nothing really improves on always checking the side mirrors. Just saying. And I love tech as much as anyone. Sometimes analog is better.
My side mirrors are tiny - about 4x6” and due to TV being more narrow than the trailer I have a huge blind spot probably 30-ft! I’m hopeful side cameras will help that.