Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #11

I can't imagine having the bar-b-q fired up that close to the rig, but I was looking at the fixture last night thinking about DIYing a small table to hang from that mount.

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker42 View Post
Just a thought...when I camp with sewer hookup, I leave the gray water valve open so the tank doesn't fill up.
You need some water in the tank to flush out all the small solids that end up in the tank. I leave ours open for 3-4 days and then close it for a day or two before dumping. I don't want any small particles getting stuck in the slide valve which will allow liquid to leak past the valve and give you that smelly suprise when you take the cap off.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #13

We have the 32BHDS and my only complaint is the short queen bed/bedroom. It is very difficult to make up the bed. It took me 20 mins & lots of sweat, to sheet the bed myself. My hubby is only 5'8" and has complained about his feet hanging off edge. I'm only 5'3" and don't notice it. The mattress itself is very comfortable and my hubby agrees on that.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
You need some water in the tank to flush out all the small solids that end up in the tank. I leave ours open for 3-4 days and then close it for a day or two before dumping. I don't want any small particles getting stuck in the slide valve which will allow liquid to leak past the valve and give you that smelly suprise when you take the cap off.
That's a good point.
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam
Prodigy P2
Tanker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #15

Oh, by the way. Discovered one other minor complaint

When viewing a DVD from the bedroom the Jensen remote does not work as the DVD player is on the other side of the entertainment center. As such, if you want to pause or rewind you need to get out of bed. I know, I know... I am being picky!

That said:
* I am not seeing any of the issues that others commented on regarding quality. My unit is super tight both inside and out. Fingers crossed, but so far no leaks, loose fittings, shoddy construction, etc. etc.
* (Here is one for all of you wondering if you should purchase a trailer this long) my 314BDS is *WAY* easier to back in than my previous trailer (30 feet). I cannot explain it, but I simply have way better control and the ability to turn much more sharply. With my previous trailer it would usually take me 3-4 tries to get it set into a site. I am hitting bullseyes every time with the new trailer.
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
We have the 32BHDS and my only complaint is the short queen bed/bedroom. It is very difficult to make up the bed. It took me 20 mins & lots of sweat, to sheet the bed myself. My hubby is only 5'8" and has complained about his feet hanging off edge. I'm only 5'3" and don't notice it. The mattress itself is very comfortable and my hubby agrees on that.
I am also 5'-8" and will not buy an RV with the entertainment unit butted against it. I want to be able to walk around all 3 sides when I upgrade.

Just wanted to say that the OP's review is clearly honest and it is with feedback like that - ignoring blind brand loyalty - that results in improved products for all.
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #17

We looked at a ton of trailers from many manufacturers and most larger units had the entertainment center wall that took room from the bedroom, I'm 6 ft 6 and knew I would overhang the small trailer bed, but if I couldn't do it without touching the wall, no thanks. My wife complained about how she would have to get around the wall to make the bed on some of the models we saw. We went smaller because of out TV and are very happy with the open design and ability to walk around 3 sides of our bed without a wall in our 228. In my mind a waste to spend that much money to be annoyed by a wall everytime I went to bed.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #18

Sounds like you really like your choice, congrats and I hope you continue to be happy with it.
Dogfather to Yoshi our rescue German Shepherd
and Alley our husky mix rescue
Lsuduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbohart View Post
* I definitely ran into the problem of the water running out of the shower onto the floor. It really was an oversight by Jayco not to put a lip on the front of the tub. I am going solve the problem the way Shaner did in thread on this forum on the subject with the 1/4 round PVC. Small issue, but something Jayco should have solved for us.
I've been searching the forum, but I can't find this thread. I have the same problem on my 32BHDS; I usually solve it by putting the nose of the trailer down about 1" from level.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
I've been searching the forum, but I can't find this thread. I have the same problem on my 32BHDS; I usually solve it by putting the nose of the trailer down about 1" from level.
Here is the link. Shaner has pictures of the solution I followed on post #14.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...-Shower!/page2

I used quarter round vinyl. I glued it down with Liquid Nails Tub and Shower Surround Adhesive that I bought at Home Depot. I then caulked with Sink and tub caulk. No water issues anymore!

pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote