Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-05-2018, 08:21 PM   #1

Question Anyone had their pilot light leak?

Well, I don't know that it's the pilot light… What I notice is that I will smell gas sometimes after the gas has been on a while. The gas scent seems strongest around the oven and inside it. If I light the pilot light, I don't notice the gas smell. I'm wondering if I need to get my oven looked at or if there's a more convenient fix besides running the pilot light as a workaround.

I also don't think the workaround is a good long term idea, anyway. Last thing I need to find out is the leak is elsewhere and that just happens to cover it up until it gets bad enough to be a real problem…
TrailerScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:53 AM   #2

You need to get access to a gas leak detector. It will be able to narrow down where the leak is coming from. Check with a local gas company or possibly the fire department. If it's a VFD I am sure they would send someone out for a small donation. You can also buy an inexpensive one but they are not as sensitive as the what the gas company or FD will have.