Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2021, 10:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I installed this kit in 2017, YouTube showed me how. My plastic bushings were in pretty good shape but seeing what others looked like it gave me a better nights sleep. A little bit of work but manageable.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I installed this kit in 2017, YouTube showed me how. My plastic bushings were in pretty good shape but seeing what others looked like it gave me a better nights sleep. A little bit of work but manageable.
My 2016 BHBE was brought home in October of 2015. When I did the wet bolt kit, my plastic bushing were worn down and I was glad I did the wet bolt kit when I did.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Decided to go with the Dexter K71-359-00 Heavy Duty Suspension Kit for my twin axle TT......, received kit today.

Purchased source: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...71-359-00.html

Bob
That's a very nice kit! Please keep us posted on your approach to the install.

I did the MorRyde wet bolts and shackle kit on our Feather. It came with the Lippert Equa-Flex as OE. So we had a decent little package on it after I installed the wet bolts and HD shackles. When I did the upgrade, I discovered that our OE plastic bushings were pretty much toast. They had about 2,000 miles on them. I think this go round, I am going for the full meal deal; I am seriously considering the MorRyde 3000 kit.

Is there a reason why you went with the Dexter?
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
snip.......Is there a reason why you went with the Dexter?
I installed a Dexter HD kit on my prior 2005 Eagle and they preformed well for many years..., and the shackles we're a little thicker than other upgrade kits at that time. I also preferred to stay with the standard solid steel equalizer which contains less perishable components (ie; rubber) since I put a lot of miles and years on my TT's.

I believe Dexter still maintains all manufacturing facilities in USA and Canada.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:43 PM   #25

Interesting. I like the made here point, and I had not thought about the rubber deterioration fact. I will also look at this Dexter kit. Our axles are Dexter, too.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:32 AM   #26

When a leaf spring broke on the road, we replaced it with a heavier (from original 1,670" to 2,400#) set of springs. Upon return home we took it to a top-rated professional spring shop, had it inspected, and had new shackles and hangers installed. Kind of comical to see our little 16XRB in a bay next to huge dumpers and tractors, but the cost was reasonable and the repair was excellent. Confidence in the suspension is very well-worth the cost.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:44 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Interesting. I like the made here point, and I had not thought about the rubber deterioration fact. I will also look at this Dexter kit. Our axles are Dexter, too.
I have a MorRyde Cre3000 and a hitch pin, both 11 years old and still in good service with no signs of deterioration.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
That's a very nice kit! Please keep us posted on your approach to the install.........snip
I decided to take the 'easy' approach this time..........

I had my Dexter upgrade kit (ref post #18) installed by "Big Tex Trailer World" of Whitmore Lake, Michigan. I dropped my TT off early yesterday and picked it up this morning. I'm very pleased with the staff and experienced service tech's at this Big Tex location.

Once removed, it was evident that the OEM plastic bushings and shackles were starting to show signs of wear. I will post (shortly) some new photos and additional detail on the installation in my "2018 Jay Flight 24RBS Mods" thread over in the 'Jayco Mods' forum.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
I decided to take the 'easy' approach this time..........

I had my Dexter upgrade kit (ref post #18) installed by "Big Tex Trailer World" of Whitmore Lake, Michigan. I dropped my TT off early yesterday and picked it up this morning. I'm very pleased with the staff and experienced service tech's at this Big Tex location.

Once removed, it was evident that the OEM plastic bushings and shackles were starting to show signs of wear. I will post (shortly) some new photos and additional detail on the installation in my "2018 Jay Flight 24RBS Mods" thread over in the 'Jayco Mods' forum.

Bob
That's a blessing! I'm glad you respectable service. I am considering the whole Dexter sha-bang, including the EZ-Flex. I've read and heard a fair bit about people going to Dexter and MorRyde for their axle upgrades and repairs. I think that would be a fun and interesting experience! Thanks for letting us know!