Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2019, 12:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
My bad, I thought it was a MBOK. This might help the mobile tech.

Thanks again mia389! I'm sure he'll like having that..

I owe you one!

Joe [emoji41]
soperman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #22

Keep us posted on the diagnosis. It may help a fellow member in the future.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2silverado View Post
Keep us posted on the diagnosis. It may help a fellow member in the future.
Happy to!
Old 01-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #24

This may sound silly but: GFIC breakers exist. Is there a breaker with a button as well as the breaker switch?

My fridge is not hard wired. Check that plug if you have one. GFIC plugs go bad more often than one would expect. Thevsidebof the plug with the smaller notches is the hot side. Check both side screws under cover with a meter. Check to neutral, which is the side with the bigger notch, and also check to ground, which is the round one.
Rick 17RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick 17RB View Post
This may sound silly but: GFIC breakers exist. Is there a breaker with a button as well as the breaker switch?

My fridge is not hard wired. Check that plug if you have one. GFIC plugs go bad more often than one would expect. Thevsidebof the plug with the smaller notches is the hot side. Check both side screws under cover with a meter. Check to neutral, which is the side with the bigger notch, and also check to ground, which is the round one.
Hey Rick.. we're all good now after the technicians visit. I wish I could tell you how he recovered all service but I was too busy staying out of the way. I do know that I've three new circuit breakers though and no issues. Of surprise was he could only find one GFI outlet (kitchen above the sink) in the entire rig.

Thanks for checking in [emoji41]
Old 01-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #26

Code for homes is within 6 feet of a water source and all exterior plugs. Dunno if there even is an electrical code for campers. But anyhow, good deal with getting the issue fixed.
Rick 17RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #27

our 2018 29.5 BHOK has one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.
DGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #28

Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by soperman3 View Post
We've a 2018 Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK and have lost electricity in several receptacles inside in the kitchen and down the exterior right hand side. A retired electrician who is here in our campsite took a look but could not find more than one GFI plug. We searched inside and out but can't locate any others.

Any suggestions where the others might be located?

Thanks!
I have a 2018 338RETS. The wiring to my inverter wasn’t clamped in. Just laying inside the slots. Sometimes it would work. Sometimes not. A neutral wire was discolored from overheating. Good place to start. We had to remove the inverter to gain a good access. Good luck.
solocanoejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #29

In our trailer, the actual/main GFCI outlet is in the bathroom. It has the "Test" and "Reset" buttons on the face. The other GFCI is a companion outlet located in the kitchen just below the counter. The companion outlet is usually labelled "GFCI Outlet", but as another member mentioned, the label may have been removed. The companion outlet does not have the "Test" and "Reset" buttons, but will trip the main GFCI. If you can't reset the main GFCI to restore power, then the GFCI outlet must be replaced.
This is what happened in our case. We replaced the GFCI outlet and power was restored.

Cheers,

Glenn
GLENNEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:11 PM   #30

Hi mia389, how do you get these, I have a 24.5CKTS Eagle and would love to have a schematic? Cheers Lee
leenok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:04 PM   #31

Wow! How did you get Jayco schematics? Are these available? I'd love to get a set for my 2019 Greyhawk Prestige 30xp.
LegalBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by soperman3 View Post
We've a 2018 Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK and have lost electricity in several receptacles inside in the kitchen and down the exterior right hand side. A retired electrician who is here in our campsite took a look but could not find more than one GFI plug. We searched inside and out but can't locate any others.

Any suggestions where the others might be located?

Thanks!
I’m assuming you have already check for a tripped breaker box, usually located in the kitchen.

But there is a breaker switch located on the physical furnice itself.
OR make a call to the dealer. They will be able to track your problem down faster.
redley is offline   Reply With Quote