Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #1

Unhappy frame bolts coming thru floor

new to forums, I have a 2015 338rets and there appears to be frame bolts digging their way through the flooring making holes though the vinyl flooring, I took it back to the dealer they said "hmmm we need to call Jayco" so they did and they say the fix is to uninstall All interior walls pull ALL vinyl flooring then pull all sub flooring then come in from the bottom and figure that all out then re-install everything, seems a bit much but glad they are going to fix it. my question is has anybody had / heard of this issue before? now up to 2 bolts all the way through with another 4 making bumps but not poking through yet, all in a straight line going from the fridge across the width of the camper ( not the slides )

Rockdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Wow! That sounds like a major repair. That totally sucks on a brand new unit no less. I have the same TT except it is a 2014 338 rlts but have not had any issues at all so far. I wish I hadn't said that now the tires will probably fall off. Any chance you could make the dealer buy the unit back and get you another one?

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #3

Are you in Michigan? If you are I would take it to the factory to get the work done.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

wow...that is crazy..any pics?
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #5

Wow, that sounds like a ton of time to complete..... That's nuts
Old 09-30-2014, 07:31 PM   #6

i am in michigan and the lemon law does not cover campers and i already talked to jayco they say no buy back because they will fix it and pics would not show much as the bolts only protrude about 1/4 inch past vinyl and you have to kinda sight across the floor to see the others, my only other option is to have the dealership hire a vinyl installation company and have them do it without removing the walls and cut the vinyl to the wall edge and install molding, as you would do in a regular house. not sure how that would look not good i guess. this will be the second time i will have taken my TT to jayco since april of this year the first time was because the slides were not properly installed and would not open or close properly. I sold my old jayco (never had any issues) bought this one as i am retiring and will be full time rving.....but not till all this is resolved
Old 09-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #7

i am dropping it off for the winter hopefully that will give them the time they need
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #8

That sucks!
dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #9

Bad fpr you but can't believe Jayco wants to go thru all that trouble and expense when they could just replace it with a new unit and then do a "rougher" type fix and sell it as a damaged unit. What they are proposing is a complete tear down and then a complete rebuild from the frame up. Crazy! A lot of things can be repaired but if the cost of repair exceeds the value of the unit, its call a total.

I would expect more out of Jayco.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Under the circumstance of Jayco or the dealer not wanting to buy the unit back I don't think I would want the unit torn apart like that. If you do it may never be right again. I think I would opt to have a professional flooring guy put some really nice flooring down, maybe even some hardwood. They have laminate flooring now that looks just like hardwood but a lot thinner. There is some really nice padded vinyl flooring that is much better than the factory stuff. I would opt to keep things simple.

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote