Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #21

Our last trailer was a Whitehawk 24RKS [new]. We bought it at the end of the model year. After we had it for a while I noticed how much rust was underneath. It was obvious it was driven across country to Arizona in the winter. The suspension was the worst, followed by the frame. It ended up being a little too small, so we upgraded. I made sure we picked a trailer that was driven from the factory to Arizona in the summer. Needless to say what a huge difference.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #22

Wouldn't it be sweet if they would powder coat them someday?
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:38 PM   #23

Anyone ever had their rig undercoated by one of the outfits that provides same service for motor vehicles?
OTTERCOMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTERCOMET View Post
Anyone ever had their rig undercoated by one of the outfits that provides same service for motor vehicles?
Check out fluid film. It works. Con is it stays greasy. That old joke: What part of Popeye never rusts?
Half Ton Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #25

Ottercomet, if I may ask who was the dealer you were dealing with? We too are from Ontario and are presenltly looking to purchase a 5th wheel. Ther are a couple of Jayco dealers I would consider to be high volume discount price dealers. We are talking to a London dealer who I think I will pay a little more from but I suspect the service will warrant the added price.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley View Post
Ottercomet, if I may ask who was the dealer you were dealing with? We too are from Ontario and are presenltly looking to purchase a 5th wheel. Ther are a couple of Jayco dealers I would consider to be high volume discount price dealers. We are talking to a London dealer who I think I will pay a little more from but I suspect the service will warrant the added price.
We bought ours as a yr old used unit but it came from Sicard. I don't know what they're like for service as we've never taken it to a dealer.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:01 AM   #27

Interesting that you asked where I bought my camper.
I searched dealers based on customer reviews and not price.
I was however pleased until the issue came up with the frame/floor issue.
I thought maybe Jayco would have sent a dealer Rep. to check out the camper.
Instead I was forced to have a third party come in and inspect and confirm the issue.
My recommendation would be to join some of the other forums and don't rush into anything. You have more options. I had limited tow capacity.
Keep an eye on my updates. This will determine if I will purchase another Jayco product.
I was originally looking at the Alante Class A.
I purchased if from a dealer on the east coast.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #28

You can buy Fluid Film at auto parts stores and do it your self, great stuff.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #29

I use Fluid Film on my truck, works awesome! I use Mouse-Free on my camper. It ends up basically the same, wet, greasy coating as Fluid Film but has mouse repellant in it as well. Also keeps the frame from rusting at all.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #30

Watching closely. Bought a new 2018 Octane 272 in April, but it has spent 6 months collectively in service for warranty repairs, some being major. 22 defects in all and now they are needing to replace wall and ceiling panels. Dealer noted severe frame rust, but Jayco has denied the claim twice now. I have submitted letters to Jayco that they received on Monday. Awaiting a response. The dealer is on our side, but can only make warranty repairs Jayco authorizes. The dealer thinks Jayco should replace this unit. Watching to see how this thread turns out.
Ethosb is offline   Reply With Quote