Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Posts: 1,645
We had a similar problem with a 2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5 RETS. Went in to the dealer and stayed a week at a time a couple times while they ran furnace. They replaced thermostat twice and thought they had it fixed. Still ran and shut off. Had to try to manually force restart. On the third trip in to the dealer for a week, it finally shut off on them and they had to pull furnace out of unit to be able to see error codes. It was the ceramic igniter that had a crack in it. Sometimes would fire and run and sometimes would shut off. Replaced that and had no more problems. You might mention that igniter to your service tech. My furnace is hell to get out as a hole had to be cut in the basement wall. Jayco installed it with no outside access.
__________________

__________________

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
ecoboosteagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: western
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
We had a similar problem with a 2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5 RETS. Went in to the dealer and stayed a week at a time a couple times while they ran furnace. They replaced thermostat twice and thought they had it fixed. Still ran and shut off. Had to try to manually force restart. On the third trip in to the dealer for a week, it finally shut off on them and they had to pull furnace out of unit to be ablei to see error codes. It was the ceramic igniter that had a crack in it. Sometimes would fire and run and sometimes would shut off. Replaced that and had no more problems. You might mention that igniter to your service tech. My furnace is hell to get out as a hole had to be cut in the basement wall. Jayco installed it with no outside access.
This would be more applicable to a furnace that is trying to light but won't and eventually shut down. Sequence should be 1. Thermostat calls for heat. 2. Ventor motor and fan start. 3. Electronic ignition lights pilot.

The original post was a no power which is the breaker switch on the furnace is kicked due to something ie: over heating
__________________

ecoboosteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoboosteagle View Post
This would be more applicable to a furnace that is trying to light but won't and eventually shut down. Sequence should be 1. Thermostat calls for heat. 2. Ventor motor and fan start. 3. Electronic ignition lights pilot.

The original post was a no power which is the breaker switch on the furnace is kicked due to something ie: over heating
My RV is back at the dealer for the 4th time. They THINK the blower motor may have a flat spot on it causing these problems. Atwood is sending them a new motor and it should be here in a few days. I really hope this solves the problem and I can actually go camping in a new unit.
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 163
UPDATE!
Not really, My RV has been setting at Keystone RV Center for over two weeks. I call almost daily, todays conversation was we were too busy today and our internet was out for much of the day. I promise to get it in tomorrow and install the blower mower and let it run awhile to see if that fixes it. I think I will like this RV but in over three months I got to use it three days. Very expensive camping so far, Oh well, we will see what tomorrow brings.
__________________
2014 Toyota TundraTRD double cab 4x4 tow package off road package 46 gallon fuel tank
2015 Jayco Jayflight 23rb elite thermal package solar equipped
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
UPDATE!
Not really, My RV has been setting at Keystone RV Center for over two weeks. I call almost daily, todays conversation was we were too busy today and our internet was out for much of the day. I promise to get it in tomorrow and install the blower mower and let it run awhile to see if that fixes it. I think I will like this RV but in over three months I got to use it three days. Very expensive camping so far, Oh well, we will see what tomorrow brings.
What tomorrow brings!
I am glad I am the only one that has had this problem with an Atwood furnace because I have had enough problems for everyone.
I get the call today the new furnace motor arrived from Atwood. It was installed and sounded like an old worn out motor with the bearings shot! Now the fun part, they will send another new motor, remember it took two weeks last time!
__________________
2014 Toyota TundraTRD double cab 4x4 tow package off road package 46 gallon fuel tank
2015 Jayco Jayflight 23rb elite thermal package solar equipped
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Posts: 1,542
Racinforthefinish


At the rate your going you better get ready to do some winter camping


Why not suggest a COMPLETE new furnace for it seams like they are replacing it part by part.


Tell Keystone RV "Excuses only satisfy those that give them"
__________________
2004 Jay Feather 25E
2001 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.55 rear
2004 Ford Expedition 4X4 EB 5.4 3.73 rear
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Castro Valley
Posts: 222
I agree. At this point, I would demand a new furnace! You have given them enough time to fix the original one. It would probably save them money anyways. All the hours trying to fix the original will probably cost them more than dropping in a new one. Sorry for your troubles...
__________________
2015 Jay Flight 26 BHS Elite with 320 watts of Solar from AM Solar
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 163
Thanks everyone for the replies, I have asked for a new furnace to no avail! They insist on going piece by piece until they find the problem. There is no guarantee it is the motor, just another piece to try.
__________________
2014 Toyota TundraTRD double cab 4x4 tow package off road package 46 gallon fuel tank
2015 Jayco Jayflight 23rb elite thermal package solar equipped
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Charles Town
Posts: 163
I hope this is a final update. I got my RV back today with a new furnace motor. They say it is fixed but time will tell. They have had this new RV a lot more than I have had it. I think I will go camping this weekend and check it out.
__________________
2014 Toyota TundraTRD double cab 4x4 tow package off road package 46 gallon fuel tank
2015 Jayco Jayflight 23rb elite thermal package solar equipped
Racinforthefinish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #20
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 12,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
I hope this is a final update. I got my RV back today with a new furnace motor. They say it is fixed but time will tell. They have had this new RV a lot more than I have had it. I think I will go camping this weekend and check it out.
Did you ask them to make a few payments while they had it? LOL
__________________

__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.