Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2020, 06:03 PM   #41

Is it a handle that you can turn one way to tighten it so it doesn't vibrate open? Try rotating it to see?
32Pinnical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:15 AM   #42

Last trip I went on, my black tank valve stuck the same way. It was the morning we were leaving and I had to dump the tanks. Took me a while but after some strong pulls, got it open. Sprayed some dry lube on the pull cable. Just 16 months old.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:25 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
ok, how about, what would cause this on a new rig??
I don't want to change my trip, I hope I can figure this out.
My first trip out with my Eagle HT (see signature) and my Grey 1 valve would not open. Had to take it to a dealer. The dealer could not get it open either, however they found the problem it was installed from the factory with a kink in the cable and the only way to fix it was to replace it. You may have the same issue. On my first trip out with a new RV I always go for a short trip close to home. Problems like this are the reason. Good luck, happy camping.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:21 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Crap never ends, there's always something!

So my new issue today.....the bathroom grey tank valve is stuck closed. It won't budge. The cable runs through a small opening going towards the drain pipe but there is no way for me to get to it, it's all enclosed underneath.
So here is the out on a limb part.....I'm hoping there is some trick I can try to fix this?
This is a new trailer (see my sig) and I'm out in the middle of nowhere.
If there is no way for me to fix this I will have to head for a big city. I really don't want to do that.I
Oh and there is no way to get any lubricant in there either that I know of.

Anything I can do? Thanks!!
Been there....with our Black water tank. On our FR Coachmen the black water valve cable was stuck, or so we thought. Low and behold the cable was ran OVER the body frame. Some fool thought doing this and leaving a little slack would make a shorter run of cable to the trap door, we guess. Had to hire an RV guy to come and cut the cable and rerun it correctly. It was a challenging mess to say the least. Wish I had a pic. Good luck.. never FR forever!
tljwYaki is offline   Reply With Quote