Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #1

J-Steel Sofa/Dinette Refurbish

Hello everyone!! This is officially my 1st post here.

My wife and I are attempting to remodel our 2007 Jay Feather LGT 30U. We are contemplating having the sofa and dinette reupholstered OR replacing completely. I have been scouring the interwebs for info on this undertaking. Pardon me while I throw out a few questions:

1) Is there a supplier for replacing the covers on sofa and dinette cushions?
2) Will newer model Jayco sofas fit in the 2007?
3) Has anyone done this using regular furniture, if so how? (pics?)
4) Best place/site to buy new OEM/Aftermarket sofa & dinette?

We absolutely love our camper, however the interior is just dated. We also plan on resurfacing all cabinets and woodwork, as well as putting down some peel & stick flooring. The BRT just needs an interior facelift and we are hoping to complete before the camping season starts.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice!!

-Jason
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2698.jpg   IMG_3051.jpg   IMG_2761.jpg   IMG_2760.jpg  
Griswolds_RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #2

You could have a local upholstery shop make new covers.
Lots of aftermarket surplus and overstock available near the RV factories, just do a Google search. Here is a link to one of the larger places, https://factoryrvsurplus.com
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #3

Am thinking of taking it to a local auto/RV upholstery shop. Have read that having them reupholstered could be more expensive than replacing. Thank you for the link! Will browse around this evening.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #4

I agree getting furniture reupholstered is probably very expensive. I have had cushions recovered for my boat in the past and the cost was pretty cheap. There are several companies that buy up new old stock from all the RV manufactures and resell in their internet stores. You can also use regular furniture if you can find something that fits the space, thats the hard part since RV furniture always seems to be on the smaller side.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswolds_RV View Post
Hello everyone!! This is officially my 1st post here.

My wife and I are attempting to remodel our 2007 Jay Feather LGT 30U. We are contemplating having the sofa and dinette reupholstered OR replacing completely. I have been scouring the interwebs for info on this undertaking. Pardon me while I throw out a few questions:

1) Is there a supplier for replacing the covers on sofa and dinette cushions?
2) Will newer model Jayco sofas fit in the 2007?
3) Has anyone done this using regular furniture, if so how? (pics?)
4) Best place/site to buy new OEM/Aftermarket sofa & dinette?

We absolutely love our camper, however the interior is just dated. We also plan on resurfacing all cabinets and woodwork, as well as putting down some peel & stick flooring. The BRT just needs an interior facelift and we are hoping to complete before the camping season starts.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice!!

-Jason
Would not buy anything new from Jayco. Our recliners in our 16 Eagle are shot, glue and press board. Jayco wants to replace under warranty. we prefer cash out! And buy Lazy Boy recliner! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #6

Going off of your suggestions, I was able to find several sites where we can order zippered or elastic covers with just a few measurements. Now the fun starts......deciding on which ones to get.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #7

Subbing in.

I have posted a similar question recently, and not much advice yet (https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-52956.html).
Personally, I am contemplating Shop4Seats.com. Haven't had any feedback on them here here, and little found elsewhere, but what I have found is generally pretty positive.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cushions, dinette, dinette table, j-steel, reupholster, sofa, sofa replacement