Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2022, 05:04 PM   #1

Keyless Entry Door Lock

I’m in the market for a keyless entry door lock.
Just checking in to see what’s working and what hasn’t worked for you?
Also has anyone had one that has worked flawlessly for an extended period of time and has the technology withstood the elements and the mechanical aspects over time?
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:26 PM   #2

I'm using the RV Lock. Only had it installed for about 3 trips so no long term report.
So far it's the coolest thing since keyless ignition.
I have a remote and it works from a good distance.
Easy install too.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:28 PM   #3

I have the Bauer Bluetooth version. It's a keypad or an app on the phone. It has "proximity" unlock that will unlock the door as you approach. Had one on my last trailer and it worked very well.

Thought about the popular one with the key fob but the whole point was to not carry keys. We almost always have our phones with us so went this route.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:41 PM   #4

I have had my Bauer EM Alsentis in my Seneca for years. Works very well and I use Energizer lithium batteries and they easily last an entire season. I change them anyway once a year.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I have the Bauer Bluetooth version. It's a keypad or an app on the phone. It has "proximity" unlock that will unlock the door as you approach. Had one on my last trailer and it worked very well.

Thought about the popular one with the key fob but the whole point was to not carry keys. We almost always have our phones with us so went this route.
Doesn’t Bauer make two different blue tooth models? If so, what’s the difference in the two besides $60 more in price for one?
Old 06-24-2022, 10:25 PM   #6

I have the eBay version of rv lock. Had it for 3 seasons so far and it’s still going strong.
dalfaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalfaro View Post
I have the eBay version of rv lock. Had it for 3 seasons so far and it’s still going strong.
3 seasons is impressive
Old 06-25-2022, 02:36 AM   #8

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I have had my Bauer EM Alsentis in my Seneca for years. Works very well and I use Energizer lithium batteries and they easily last an entire season. I change them anyway once a year.
X2 for the Bauer
Old 06-25-2022, 05:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
Doesn’t Bauer make two different blue tooth models? If so, what’s the difference in the two besides $60 more in price for one?
As far as I know they have one Bluetooth model - the second more expensive version is for left hinged doors which are far less common than right hinged. Pricing is all over the map for the same lock so if you decide to go with this one be sure to shop it around for the best price. I will sometimes pay a bit more to buy from a trusted source.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Old 06-25-2022, 06:47 AM   #10

Quote:
As far as I know they have one Bluetooth model - the second more expensive version is for left hinged doors which are far less common than right hinged. Pricing is all over the map for the same lock so if you decide to go with this one be sure to shop it around for the best price. I will sometimes pay a bit more to buy from a trusted source.
Any issues with water intrusion? My rig will be parked in an outside storage lock in Florida (HOA says so) when not in use. I didn’t know if I should use a silicon sealant on the outside edge of the lock?
Old 06-25-2022, 07:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Any issues with water intrusion? My rig will be parked in an outside storage lock in Florida (HOA says so) when not in use. I didn’t know if I should use a silicon sealant on the outside edge of the lock?
This is mine. They are almost bullet proof. No sealant required, it might mess up the touch membrane. Also, very easy to install and designed to replace the OEM lock perfectly.

Bauer NE Bluetooth
��

$239.99

NEXT-GENERATION KEYLESS TECHNOLOGY!
Entrance door handle with Close Field Technology that allows lock to be unlocked by having a paired device in close proximity … just push one button!

Android and iOS apps for operating and managing locks via Bluetooth.

Pair with multiple devices!
Bank-grade encryption.
Keeps track of locking/unlocking history.
App indicates battery life for Bauer NE and keeps track of locking/unlocking history.
Alsentis HSS keypad technology.
Self-contained power with 4 AA batteries (comes with 4 Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteres – recommended).
ONE KEY! Match the lock to other Bauer locks (OPTIONAL … select key below if desired)!
An Intelligent Keyless Entry System which knows the position of the deadbolt and indicates low battery strength, as well as providing audible feedback to successful locking and unlocking functions.
The key will always be able to operate the paddle or deadbolt lock in case of the user forgetting the code or dead battery.
Programmable with a 4-digit PIN number.
Touch Indicator Light that indicates each touch with a blue light, proper code entry with green light, error with red light, and amber light when battery is low.
It is retrofittable in most RV entry doors (2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ cutout) and is easy to install.
(Compatible with IOS10 or later, Android 7 or later)

Link to iOS app

Link to Android app

NE Bluetooth Support page

NE Bluetooth Instructional Vide

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/18...g?v=1623767604
Old 06-25-2022, 07:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
This is mine. They are almost bullet proof. No sealant required, it might mess up the touch membrane. Also, very easy to install and designed to replace the OEM lock perfectly.

Bauer NE Bluetooth
��

$239.99

Entrance door handle with Close Field Technology that allows lock to be unlocked by having a paired device in close proximity … just push one button!

Bank-grade encryption.
App indicates battery life for Bauer NE and keeps track of locking/unlocking history.
Self-contained power with 4 AA batteries (comes with 4 Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteres – recommended).
ONE KEY! Match the lock to other Bauer locks (OPTIONAL … select key below if desired)!
An Intelligent Keyless Entry System which knows the position of the deadbolt and indicates low battery strength, as well as providing audible feedback to successful locking and unlocking functions.
The key will always be able to operate the paddle or deadbolt lock in case of the user forgetting the code or dead battery.
Touch Indicator Light that indicates each touch with a blue light, proper code entry with green light, error with red light, and amber light when battery is low.
It is retrofittable in most RV entry doors (2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ cutout) and is easy to install.

Link to iOS app

Link to Android app

Thanks for this!
Old 06-25-2022, 07:31 AM   #13

You are welcome
Old 06-26-2022, 07:41 PM   #14

Quote:
I’m in the market for a keyless entry door lock.
Just checking in to see what’s working and what hasn’t worked for you?
Also has anyone had one that has worked flawlessly for an extended period of time and has the technology withstood the elements and the mechanical aspects over time?
Latchit V3.0 RV Door Lock. https://www.latchit.org/products-5/rv-door-lock

Also bought barrel locks from them for the pass through and camp kitchen on my 2022 Jay Feather 25RB. Install was not as smooth as I would have liked but happy with the key fobs and key pad. Seems to be a durable unit.
nkdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 09:02 PM   #15

Got one for my 5th wheel, but would not work due to my full window in my door. Really bummed, cause i really like the features and the bluetooth. Oh well, now I need to put in the classifieds, cause where I bought was going to charge me all kinds of restocking fees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post

Bauer NE Bluetooth
��

$239.99

Bank-grade encryption.

Link to iOS app

Link to Android app

Textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Absolutely none at all. Very easy install and the lick functions have been bulletproof...
Old 04-08-2024, 12:10 PM   #17

key pad entry

I have a 2020 26d entegra odyssey, jayco built, I'm looking to install a keypad entry lock but can't seem to find one that will fit into my door handle opening size. After Removing existing handle, the prepped opening is
4-1/2 x 4-1/2 the only keypad handle I can find is 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 has anyone ran into this situation and what's the solution or am i just out of luck?

Thanks in advance
sholstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholstein View Post
I have a 2020 26d entegra odyssey, jayco built, I'm looking to install a keypad entry lock but can't seem to find one that will fit into my door handle opening size. After Removing existing handle, the prepped opening is
4-1/2 x 4-1/2 the only keypad handle I can find is 3-1/2 x 4-1/2 has anyone ran into this situation and what's the solution or am i just out of luck?

Thanks in advance

You might try contacting the main lock vendors by phone or email. It's possible they have come up with some kind of an adapter plate or kit that will enable their locks to go into these larger openings. I have contacted the LatchIt people for help with installing their products before and they are usually very responsive. Won't hurt to give it a try!
Good luck!

2022 Jay Feather 25RB
2020 Ford F250 Super Duty 7.3L Godzilla
nkdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:25 AM   #19

I've been eyeing up this one for a while since I'm mildly worrying about my 6 year old loosing the key or giving the code out to anyone. It'll be pretty hard for him to loose his fingers... I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/Keyless-Finge...5&sr=8-34&th=1
slowTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:24 PM   #20

RV Lock for the past 3 years. Just changed the batteries in the lock and key fob for the first time last weekend.
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote