Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2019, 03:22 AM   #1

Post Little upgrades to our 26bh

Why am I so in love with this trailer?

Today we blew 0ut all of the water lines and as suggested here drained the low drains. Tomorrow we have a fun trip to dump the previous owners poo. Lol
Here are some nerdy things we did today if anyone is interested:

Today we installed a belt to hold the flatscreen tv down when traveling. (amazon) There was a small TV installed and last weekend we put a 32" in instead, which is not huge bit fits the "dining area" pretty well. We hung up a curtain wire over the edge of the bunk beds for privacy for whomever is sleeping in the bunkbeds. We added new propane gauges on to the tanks because i can never tell how much is left, even with the stickers that you pour hot water on that are supposed to tell you how much is left. We found gauges on amazon for about $6.
We tried lying on the original mattress that came with the trailer!! HAHAHAHA what is that??? Coil springs and what feels like wooden slats!??
NO. NOT FOR anyone over 30. Last trailer had a 12 inch amazon memory foam and this one will too as soon as I order it/

I think in january we will hit the oregon coast for our first camping trip. Believe it or not, nov through january is when the oregon beach has little wind and often sunny afternoon skies in the 50's or 60's.
I love this forum!!
thanks
angi
oregon jayflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:53 AM   #2

The little upgrades make all the difference.

Just to make a point clear about the propane gauges: They basically only tell you when the tank is pretty much empty already. The reason is that as long as there is still ANY liquid LPG in the container, the pressure reading won't change. It only changes once all the liquid is used up, and there is only gas remaining. At this point, the container is basically empty.
sciencenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:46 AM   #3

Making it your own is one of the best joys! We have had our new to ya camper for a week and I have a huge laundry list of things I want to do to it. Unfortunately time and money can’t handle my list so it will be one thing at a time. I will say that I love the 26bh and hope you have a lot good memories in your new camper
rte1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #4

We love our 26bh. We made ours our own as well.
We didn't change out the mattress, but we did two things to make it work for us: We added a topper (and encased the topper and mattress in an allergy casing), and we built a support to go across the middle so we do not roll into each other anymore.
We put a cloth shoe holder along the support of the island queen so we can store shoes out of the way.
We bought a better fire extinguisher.
We mounted a magnetized dry-erase board under the tv above the booth dinette. This allows us to jot down things we need from the store and to post the campground info rather than have it junk up the dining table.
I also put organizer caddies and baskets in the cabinets and drawers. I can fit more stuff in it that way.
Other than that, it was mostly purchases of items that are dedicated to the camper, like bedding, kitchen items, etc.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:03 AM   #5

modifications to our away home is always interesting. When completed a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

After several attempts in monitoring LP we went to this. Its the best so far.
And the screen door handle is best in price for sure.

Attached Thumbnails
81LRf600qsL._SL1500_.jpg  
Attached Images

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote