Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2022, 05:53 AM   #1

Low pressure quick connect

Hi, I have a 2017 whitehawk 28ft camper. I wanted to hook a BBQ up on the quick connect at rear of camper, issue is the pressure seems to be extremely low. It's basically the equivalent of just a normal lighter. Can't increase or decrease flame at all just a small weak flame.

I removed regulator from BBQ and have the quick connect line connected directly to burner tube on BBQ, makes no difference.

Tried also with a small table top camping stove and have same issue. Barely any flame, will just barely light and thats it.

Everything in camper works as should, no issues with the stove, fridge, furnace, hot water tank. All flames there are good and strong.

I replaced the 2 stage regulator at my camper bottles thinker there may be an issue there but no luck same thing. Checked the line going all the way to the rear can't find any leaks as well as the distro block for stove fridge etc.. no leaks at it

Any ideas ? Left the BBQ on at the rear for about an hr, the BBQ barely got to 200F after an hr. Not really going to be able to cook anything. Had both tanks filled up all the way just to make sure they weren't low. (Regulater on BBQ itself has been removed, just relying on camper regulator)
Newtothegrounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:50 AM   #2

You may have a defective quick connect coupler or it may be clogged with dirt. It doesn't take much to clog them. I would shut the gas supply off and remove the quick connect line from the block and possibly use some controlled compressed air to clear the connector.

By removing the line from the block you may find excessive sealant blocking the flow of gas as well.

Also, Are you sure there is no kink in the line anyplace?

If you end up needing to replace the QC coupler I would do it soon. There is a large recall on them and supplies will be scarce...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:25 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, I'll try pulling the line from the distribution block back off as I know the gas gets that far with no issues. Hopefully just some dirt or something as it has me scratching my head if not.

I didn't know there was a recall for the quick connects , I knew of the regulator one with the pig tails going to it.

When about did the quick connect one come up
Old 05-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothegrounds View Post
Thanks for the reply, I'll try pulling the line from the distribution block back off as I know the gas gets that far with no issues. Hopefully just some dirt or something as it has me scratching my head if not.

I didn't know there was a recall for the quick connects , I knew of the regulator one with the pig tails going to it.

When about did the quick connect one come up
Here is just the Jayco piece of the recall. It spans multiple brands / Models.

https://oemdtc.com/8550/recall-99015...ravel-trailers

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 12:51 PM   #5

From time to time a tank being refilled will need to have the valve bleeder opened briefly. If the stove and other propane appliances work fine, this may not apply but check it out. I've dealt with the issue more than once, usually from someone not turning off the gas in the right sequence....ie: appliance first then the tank.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:00 PM   #6

Removed the rear line and quick connect and threw it on my air compressor seems to have helped a bit, not as bad as it was. Not great but at least I should be able to get some medium rare chicken now instead of raw haha. Thanks
Old 05-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #7
Site Team

It should have a rubber plug to keep dirt out while traveling. Make sure to cover it when traveling.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote