Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2018, 10:35 PM   #1

Mounting tv in entertainment center

I will be mounting a 23" tv in the entertainment center of our 23rl jay flight travel trailer and was curious as to the blot size to mount the bracket. I don't want the bolts to go through the panel, however, want it to be strong for travel. I appreciate your help.
campinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:30 AM   #2

We have a 2016 24FBS. When we got it, we mounted a 28 inch tv in the bedroom area and then wanted to mount a 32 inch tv in the entertainment center. I contacted Jayco to ask them what size board was behind the entertainment area so when we mounted it the screws did not go through the wall into the shower. They told me there was not enough there to mount to and that they did not recommend we mount the tv. We ended up just sitting the tv in the entertainment center when we are setup and taking it down and laying it on the bed when we travel. You might want to contact Jayco and see what they tell you.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 AM   #3

On our 23B, Jayco used #12 slotted wood screws. I do not recall the length.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #4

Thanks for you input and experience. Mine has a sticker to mount bracket here but wasn't sure the depth of wood. Based on your experience I will start with a stud finder.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM   #5

Took a 1X12 and cut it to length of the studs behind the wall, screwed that to the studs then mounted the TV bracket to the 1X12. We don't leave the TV attached to the bracket as it is on a swing arm when we are traveling but it works.
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #6

When we purchased our 23RL, it had a 32" flat screen TV mounted in the entertainment center. We also got another bracket that looks like it might be a TV mount. Two questions: what is this other bracket for? And, how do I get the TV disconnected from the entertainment center? Is there a release on the back or something? I assume it must be made to come out of there as there connections for it in the bedroom and outside to the left of the door.
Fyouberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #7

Our 23rl did not come with a tv in the entertainment center. There was a sticker that said mount bracket here. I purchased a 32" tv and mount at Best Buy and mounted it myself. We did get a bracket in a drawer for the bedroom mount which can be used outside too. There's a 3" horizontal bar on the top side of the bracket that hangs on top of the mount and another bar (spring loaded) on the lower side of the bracket that locks into place. You can unlock by pulling down on the spring loaded bar to remove and take outside. Here's my thoughts. I'm thinking your 32" tv is not meant to remove. When we bought a separate tv for the bedroom we bought a 24". To our surprise the tv over lapped the bathroom door and the entrance to the bees room by at least 3". That tells me the 32" was not meant to be placed there. We ended up returning the 24" and purchased a 19" which fits perfectly. We have had a larger tv outside on other models but the 19" will be fine. If nothing else you should contact Jaco for the quick disconnect tv bracket. Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:58 AM   #8

I have a 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW I ordered. I didn't get the factory TV.

I wanted as large as a TV as I could mount in the living area.

A 32" was the largest that i could find that would mount inside the recessed area.

I then decided to mount a 40" that would sit on the outside of the opening and that would clear the dining area slide. Got the TV at Costco (Samsung).

I built a frame and added a swinging TV mount that can be unlatched by pulling the lower lanyard.

It allows for access to the rear of the TV if needed. I painted the wood frame black to keep it hidden.

I have about a 1" of clearance between the slide and TV and have not had a issue with it.

When in motion I do have a safety strap around the TV just incase the latch accidently came loose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0611.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	38267

Name:	DSCN0612.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	38268

Name:	DSCN0613.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	38269

Name:	DSCN0618.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	38270

Name:	DSCN0621.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	38271
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyouberg View Post
When we purchased our 23RL, it had a 32" flat screen TV mounted in the entertainment center. We also got another bracket that looks like it might be a TV mount. Two questions: what is this other bracket for? And, how do I get the TV disconnected from the entertainment center? Is there a release on the back or something? I assume it must be made to come out of there as there connections for it in the bedroom and outside to the left of the door.
In our 24FBS, I have a 32" mounted in the entertainment center (it came with a 24" which I moved to BR). The TV disconnects from the mount by releasing two tabs near the bottom of the mount. Reach up under there to locate the tabs on the outside bottom of the mount and push/pull them to be able to pull bottom of TV forward slightly. Then lift up to get TV off the bracket mount. Hope that helps.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote