Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #41

When I got my first camper about 15 years ago I joined one or two RV forums. I remember something one poster said about Thor. At the time, I had no clue what Thor was in the industry. But this fella said they cared nothing about QA or QC, they just wanted units out the door. A few years later they acquired Jayco. Take it from there
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:34 PM   #42

On your propane, there was a regulator recall. Ensure the regulator is not a recalled one. I know many on here just bought a quality regulator and replaced it. I did have the dealer replace ours when they finally got the new regulators.
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 07:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
When I got my first camper about 15 years ago I joined one or two RV forums. I remember something one poster said about Thor. At the time, I had no clue what Thor was in the industry. But this fella said they cared nothing about QA or QC, they just wanted units out the door. A few years later they acquired Jayco. Take it from there
My problem with someone making that analogy is Thor is Airstream and that is where they started. Based on that statement Airstream owners would be screaming too. They also have a forum run by RV Life.

THOR Industries Inc. was founded on August 29, 1980 when Wade F.B. Thompson and Peter B. Orthwein acquired Airstream, the most recognized name in the industry.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:12 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPANT-RVer View Post
I myself have a 2022 264BH. But before I chime in on my issues, you got yours "Brand New" for $10k? Something tells me they knew a lot about those issues in advance.
That was a typo... I was typing on a computer and meant to say 40K
brookegeorguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:14 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insist on live music View Post
Perplexed: dealer delivered TT? You dont have trailer brakes? Agree with "GGilbert" . . . dealer should send mobile unit to repair whatever is possible or nullify the purchase. Also, I'd file a complaint with Attorney General of your state. Someone told me Jayco quality took turn for worse in 2006 or 2016 (I forget which). Refrigerators of RV must be LEVEL to work effciently - ensure yours is level.
My dad drove the trailer down and parked it for me. I just do not want to have to further inconvenience him by having him take it back and forth from the dealer to where I am staying when I work out of town.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post

One thing to be careful off... do not use the words you are living in it... you are using it while out of town... there is a difference!

I do not see your posting as bashing, you are asking questions and solutions to think that is bashing is crazy!
Thank you, David. I am not living in it "full time." I work out of town and stay in it while I am working. However, I do have a house that I am in when I do not have to work. I just cannot have the trailer sitting at a dealership for weeks on end during the next year when I have to be out of town for work often. Thanks for your kind words. I did not mean to come off as bashing, was just seriously concerned that all the problems I was having were wayyy out of the ordinary. I am also 25 and this is my first trailer, and am just trying to figure out the best way to resolve problems with the trailer. Thank you!
Old 02-05-2023, 01:11 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
My problem with someone making that analogy is Thor is Airstream and that is where they started. Based on that statement Airstream owners would be screaming too. They also have a forum run by RV Life.

THOR Industries Inc. was founded on August 29, 1980 when Wade F.B. Thompson and Peter B. Orthwein acquired Airstream, the most recognized name in the industry.
Ahh, sweeping generalizations!
I also belong to the airstream forum, and they do have their share of complaints. Not as many as Jayco, I will grant that.

But before coming here this morning, I was on that forum and they are having continuing problems with water heaters in one model in particular. It’s been ongoing for a while and airstreams answer is, their engineers are working with the manufacturer on the problem.

The only other comment I would make is that, having paid 2 to 3 times as much for an AS as folks do for the Jayco, one might expect a better product.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 09:44 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
Ahh, sweeping generalizations!
I also belong to the airstream forum, and they do have their share of complaints. Not as many as Jayco, I will grant that.

But before coming here this morning, I was on that forum and they are having continuing problems with water heaters in one model in particular. It’s been ongoing for a while and airstreams answer is, their engineers are working with the manufacturer on the problem.

The only other comment I would make is that, having paid 2 to 3 times as much for an AS as folks do for the Jayco, one might expect a better product.

A good marketing team is much cheaper to build than a quality trailer and a decent customer service network ... guess what Thor decided to built ?

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge not working, jayflight, leak, panel installation, propane gas leak