Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #1

Our new 2020 Jay flight 32BHDS and toilet issue

This past weekend we picked up our new 32BHDS and we love it. We have upgraded from the 154bh. It has everything we want and love the bunk room in the back for the young one. And for the one on the way.
Our initial camping trip this weekend went smoothly. It was nice to get all the systems tested out right away and everything seemed to be working well.
However, on our last day, we noticed some water on the on the floor in the bunk room next to where the toilet is in the bathroom but behind the wall. Found water sprayed on the wall in the bathroom behind the toilet. Was able to clean it up quick enough that no real damage was observed.
This unit has the porcelain toilet. I half pressed the side pedal and water shot out of the clear hose near the top that sends the water into the bowl. It has the spring loaded clamp.
For clarification, we were on city water with a pressure regulator. We heard people at the park say they had zero water pressure, to too much pressure.
So we went home, and I threw in some water in the fresh water tank and pressurized the lines with the pump and flushed the toilet a bunch of times....bone dry.
I'm still scratching my head as to why water shot out everywhere. We were on city water all weekend with no issues then boom right at the end it sprays out. And we use a regulator. Then at home with the pump, no leaking.

Any input or advice would be appreciated
Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	20200730_154353.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	62047
stefanarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanarroyo View Post
This past weekend we picked up our new 32BHDS and we love it. We have upgraded from the 154bh. It has everything we want and love the bunk room in the back for the young one. And for the one on the way.
Our initial camping trip this weekend went smoothly. It was nice to get all the systems tested out right away and everything seemed to be working well.
However, on our last day, we noticed some water on the on the floor in the bunk room next to where the toilet is in the bathroom but behind the wall. Found water sprayed on the wall in the bathroom behind the toilet. Was able to clean it up quick enough that no real damage was observed.
This unit has the porcelain toilet. I half pressed the side pedal and water shot out of the clear hose near the top that sends the water into the bowl. It has the spring loaded clamp.
For clarification, we were on city water with a pressure regulator. We heard people at the park say they had zero water pressure, to too much pressure.
So we went home, and I threw in some water in the fresh water tank and pressurized the lines with the pump and flushed the toilet a bunch of times....bone dry.
I'm still scratching my head as to why water shot out everywhere. We were on city water all weekend with no issues then boom right at the end it sprays out. And we use a regulator. Then at home with the pump, no leaking.

Any input or advice would be appreciated
Thanks Attachment 62047
Congratulations on the new 32BHDS. I had a similar problem with mine and found that the connection of supply water to the toilet was poorly aligned/cross threaded. I had water in the bunkhouse like you did. It was an easy fix to remedy by putting the connection on straight and tightening properly. This leak didn’t show up for quite a while for me. Changes in water pressure and shaking and bouncing down the road must make these poor connections finally fail.

I had several other leaks before I finally went through EVERY POSSIBLE WATER CONNECTION in the camper. Don’t forget about the sink in the outdoor kitchen!

Good luck and enjoy the new camper

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #3

There is a back flow preventer in back of the toilet and it may have malfunctioned momentarily.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:22 PM   #4

I had our toilet supply cross-threaded also in our 2020 24RBS - water dripping behind the toilet - they had put a screw in to push the PEX feed tube toward the toilet - it was not needed so I removed it and threaded the nut straight onto the toilet and no more drip - I had a couple other leaks also, especially in the outdoor kitchen so I replaced the lines with ss braided lines and put adapters on the PEX and the faucet - big improvement when moving the kitchen in and out
Sonpower is offline   Reply With Quote