Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #1

Top 10 Things About My Whitehawk

Most of this forum is devoted to issues and problems and rightly so. I wanted to mention 10 things I really like about my Whitehawk 23 MRB.

1. Tows like a dream. Not sure if it is the stability axles or the way the WDH is set up but I have never had any white knuckle moments towing the trailer. I definitely know it’s back there but it has never felt out of control.

2. The furnace and AC have performed flawlessly. We just camped in Montague MI over the weekend and night time temps got down into the mid 30s, the furnace performed flawlessly and it was nice to get into after a cold night out. Same with the AC. Temps this summer in the 90s and no issues at all.

3. The water heater. I leave it on electronics during the day and flip the propane switch before we take showers. Have never run out of hot water for the wife and I and she tends to take a bit longer. Nice to have plenty of hot water.

4. The Murphy Bed. We leave it made up and just fold it up in the morning and have a ton of space for a small format trailer. We replaced the mattress with memory foam and have never had a bad night. The floor plan is what sold us on this model.

5. Outside Kitchen. It just works for us and the way we camp. I cook a lot of meals outside with the cook top and the outside grill and use the sink to keep things clean. The small fridge keeps the water, beer, and pop cold and easily accessible.

6. The Tires. I know people have a ton of issues with tires but the providers on my trailer have been great. They hold pressure and have never given us a problem. Maybe I just got lucky?

7. Bathroom. The rear bathroom is large and has an enormous amount of storage. The radius shower is small but is it enough for out use. Lots of room to change.

8. Refrigerator. We have had plenty of room and had not had a single issue with it keeping our food cold.

9. Walkable Roof. Nice to be able to get up there and clean off the slide and awning before we stow them. I keep it clean by washing it several times a year and applying uv protection to it.

10. My Dealer. They have been awesome. We will be buying out next trailer from them.

We got this trailer in 2016 to kind of dip our toes in the water to see if we enjoy it. We have had a great time and plan to do more when I retire the second time. We enjoy the people we meet and we enjoy the experience of traveling and seeing new places. This forum has been outstanding and very helpful. Hope everyone enjoys their RV as much as we have!
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:06 PM   #2

Great to see positives and we enjoy many of the same things with our camper. She too has been virtually flawless minus a few minor things.

Although this wasn't our first camper you and I seem to have a lot of similarities. I am looking forward to my second retirement as well and many more life's adventures.

The way I know I am sold on my current rig for a while is I have no desire to trade. I've done a ton of mods to make this one exactly how I want it.

I always say I have everything I need in life and most of what I want so life is good!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:09 PM   #3

Good to see posts like this. I've had very few issues in the 8 years I've had my Eagle.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:18 PM   #4

Hey Hazman65, I've got one too. Just sold our 2006 29 foot flagstaff, and bought the same as you. Even though it's smaller wife loves it as do. A few glitches but we worked through them.
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #5

We have had our fair share of issues too. It hasn’t been all susnshine and lollipops here but the good far outweighs the bad.
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:35 PM   #6

We also have a 23MRB and love it. We enjoy all of things you mentioned in your posts. We are having an issue with a rear axle right now but recognize that when pulling a home 60 mph down California pothole highways there are going to be some issues. If we could only find a way to fly it to Nevada, Montana, Utah, etc. we would be in great shape. And, we have the same feeling about our Dealer, due to our Service Writer.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Our little 19RD has been a great trailer. The floor plan's just right for the two of us, and the fur baby. The dinette across from the loveseat lets us put our feet up when we're stuck inside. The appliances have been flawless. The bathroom is small, but functional, one person at a time. It still has the original battery which amazes me. Still holds 12.7 volts. There were a few mods over the years, like new faucets, a coat rack, memory foam mattress, overflow valves, a hitch holding saddle, and a power tongue jack, and a few others, but it's what we were looking for in a smaller size. We may be in he small club of folks that don't have 2 foot-itis. We'll be keeping it for a long time.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote