Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
I am confused - my 22FB has 2 stickers on the wall that say TV mounting spot:

I want to mount a 20 something inch LCD on an articulated arm in this spot - what should I do.
I would think that if Jayco put a sticker saying to mount there, then they have reinforced the area with plywood or something for the mount to attach to. If you didn't get any documents with your rig giving guidelines for what you can mount there, try contacting Jayco and tell them wht you intend to do.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
I am confused - my 22FB has 2 stickers on the wall that say TV mounting spot:

I want to mount a 20 something inch LCD on an articulated arm in this spot - what should I do.
My trailer has that same sticker on the bedroom wall. It feels very solid behind that sticker and that is where I may mount one someday. That is where you are supposed to mount them, where the sticker is so I say go for it, but use short screws as those walls are not very thick.

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #13

The reason I suggest that the OP check with Jayco is the wall may not be rated for a TV cantilevered out from the wall on an articulated arm.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #14

I think you are right about the stress from the cantilever. I have a plan. My Jayflight 19RD has a shelf. I am going to cut a piece of plywood the width of the TV and depth of the shelf. Screw that plywood down to the shelf. Mount a vertical piece of wood onto that plywood that will hold my basic TV tilt bracket I just purchased. I won't have any cantilever problems. TV only weighs 6 pounds.

The wall is solid behind much of the stuff in the TV area. However, much of that rigidity is sections of 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch plywood behind the wall. Some of it is not actually plywood but OSB ply. It appears the studs are 1 1/8 X 1 1/2. If it wasn't for the shelf I might be tempted to mount a tilt wall mount only bracket but not a cantilever bracket that swings out and stresses the wall.
Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
CampingGirl,

I have the same folding shelf in my '05' Eagle bedroom (interior wall), and your idea has some merit. I would confirm that the existing top horizontal hinge frame is secured adequately into a wall stud (not just the thin wall panel), and add a means to insure that when the shelf is in the lowered position it can't be raised.

Just thinking out loud.

Bob
I have not checked the TT wall and shelf since I wrote that post, however, I am thinking if that shelf could hold the very heavy CRT TV i had on there previously it should hold the very lightweight flat panel ... but if I go that route I will double check to see if that hinge is in a stud. I would imagine it is or there would be no way it would hold that older heavy TV...well I wouldn't think so anyway.
CampingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #16

Our television is mounted on the wall where the sticker was. We did have the option of mounting it on the shelf or wall. We chose the wall so we would have more movement of the television while viewing from our chairs. We do have a cabinet behind where the tv is mounted so if it went through the wall it would only be into the cabinet which would be more support. We purchased a locking tv bracket from MOR/Ryde like this one which is swivels and tilts.

http://tweetys.com/tv-mount-double-swing-arm.aspx

Here is a picture of ours installed.
Attached Thumbnails
258.jpg  
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post
Our television is mounted on the wall where the sticker was. We did have the option of mounting it on the shelf or wall. We chose the wall so we would have more movement of the television while viewing from our chairs. We do have a cabinet behind where the tv is mounted so if it went through the wall it would only be into the cabinet which would be more support. We purchased a locking tv bracket from MOR/Ryde like this one which is swivels and tilts.

http://tweetys.com/tv-mount-double-swing-arm.aspx

Here is a picture of ours installed.
Nice - but costs almost as much as the TV!

This one may work too:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-mount/51564
Flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #18

Flashman,

I have two 21" TVs mounted in my 22FB via brackets on the wall (one in that location and one in the bedroom where the other sticker resides) using these inexpensive but functional brackets and I have had no problems. I use bungee cords to keep them stationary when moving.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I paid $14.99 per for them but it looks like the price went up to $19.99. It's still a good deal considering that most places want like $50 for a mount!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #19

The closet wall in my rig is what I mounted the articulated arm that holds up my flat screen with. The wall was hollow, so I drilled a hole and shot some expanding foam between the two sheets of paneling to stiffen them up. Then I took a 2x2 foot piece of 1/2 plywood and glued and screwed it to the paneling in the closet. The arm is on the opposite side in the living and dining area. I mounted the arm with bolts and nuts. It's solid as a rock.

Richard and Laura Ray
Amateur Radio W4RLR
"The Green Goblin" 2008 F-250 Lariat CC SB, 6.4 liter automatic, 4x4"Love Shack" 1995 Jayco Eagle 277 RBSS fifth-wheel
rray32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #20

What length screws would be safe to use for mounting in the bedroom of a 24T?