Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #21

The Northpoint we have now has everything on it we wanted because the previous Forest River product we owned didnt have some things. Such as dual A/C units, auto leveling system ( the hydraulic system is faster but the electric system on the Northpoint works just fine) Moryde pin box and suspension system, residential fridge, slide awnings, and the number one must have on anything, PROBLEM FREE UNIT!!! We've been lucky so far with our Northpoint. The issues we've had can be counted on one hand and they are so minimal I'm not even going to say they were a problem. Our Forest River we had was a total pile of junk. It was a running joke as to WHAT was going to break when we used it because everytime we went out something went wrong. Most of it was major stuff too and im talking about things like wheels coming off rolling down the highway, water tank nearly falling out of the bottom of the trailer, leaking roof turning the front closet into a senic waterfall,..... I can go on all day.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #22

slide awnings
Old 09-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #23

2nd A/C and slide out awning/cover (can’t remember what they are called)
Old 09-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #24

They weren’t available in September 2015, when I ordered our 2016 377, but in if available NOW, I’d want the tire upgrade to the Sailun’s or the Goodyear Endurance. Equally, I’d want the disc brake option.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHen View Post
Here are some major items I added after the purchase,
2000w generator, 2 100 watt solar panels, cell phone booster, EMS Electrical management system , satellite dish, 2 6v deep cycle batteries, tire pressure monitoring system and replaced fan in bath with maxifan.
My exact wish list too
Jay
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaM3 View Post
Congrats! We purchased a 4113. It seems your unit has been a bit more reliable than ours. Hope it keeps going strong for you.

I didn't think that the glass panels were an option until 19 model year? Maybe they can be added to yours? Here is a link to the parts list - https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...CD-0002652.pdf

J
Thanks Atlanta m3.

That parts list has me drooling! How ever the sum of the parts I'm sure is greater than the sum of the whole. I have not been able to find a complete kit. I know that Lippert made thim for Jayco and others with the 8' 6" wide toyhaulers, but have not found a dealer that would order one for me yet.

Thanks again Desertman
Destrtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:46 AM   #27

I'm pretty happy with my 2017 23RB. Came with all the bells and whistles that we need. I'm happy with no slide, while providing all the interior living space we need.

One thing I do wish it had is a pantry. As things stand currently, we make do by with putting light weight food items such as cereal, etc up high in the ample hanging cabinets, and putting heavier items in a sliding tray in one of the dinette seats.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:37 AM   #28

If you’re referring to options ours came pretty well complete. However my big wish list would be serviceability. I do not understand why you have to disassemble the whole front compartment to remove the furnace for service. Or remove the water heater to replace an eight dollar electric element. Or the inlet for the central vacuum cleaner on the floor by the steps so you have to get on your hands and knees to hook it up. It just shows the people that designed them really don’t care. ( I apologize for the rant )

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #29

Same wish as yours! Here are some major items I added after the purchase,
2000w generator, 2 100 watt solar panels, cell phone booster, EMS Electrical management system , satellite dish, 2 6v deep cycle batteries, tire pressure monitoring system and replaced fan in bath with maxifan
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #30

I see several others mentioning it now, but I also kind of wish I had gotten slide toppers. Not that big a deal to install them myself on this unit though...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:26 AM   #31

2 dumb things.....Recliners and a bigger fridge. So really i guess we should of bought the 27RLS instead of the 265 haha
ORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:41 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORT View Post
2 dumb things.....Recliners and a bigger fridge. So really i guess we should of bought the 27RLS instead of the 265 haha

I like my recliners.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
The Northpoint we have now has everything on it we wanted because the previous Forest River product we owned didnt have some things. Such as dual A/C units, auto leveling system ( the hydraulic system is faster but the electric system on the Northpoint works just fine) Moryde pin box and suspension system, residential fridge, slide awnings, and the number one must have on anything, PROBLEM FREE UNIT!!! We've been lucky so far with our Northpoint. The issues we've had can be counted on one hand and they are so minimal I'm not even going to say they were a problem. Our Forest River we had was a total pile of junk. It was a running joke as to WHAT was going to break when we used it because everytime we went out something went wrong. Most of it was major stuff too and im talking about things like wheels coming off rolling down the highway, water tank nearly falling out of the bottom of the trailer, leaking roof turning the front closet into a senic waterfall,..... I can go on all day.
That's insane! Last November I was almost home when I felt a big bump. I looked in my mirror and saw the skirting was sticking out and was clearly mangled. I pulled over and the right rear wheel was gone. All the lug nuts had sheared off, I never did find the tire and wheel. I checked the lugs on all the other wheels and they were tight. The hub itself would spin freely so it wasn't locked up. After 3 months in the shop, I picked it up. I drove it very cautiously, concerned that it would happen again but it never did.
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #34

Quote:
So you wish you had gotten recliners? What did you get instead?
Old 09-17-2019, 06:58 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
So you wish you had gotten recliners? What did you get instead?
the 265 just came with the chairs that rock while the recliners/rockers come with the 27 and it was like 5 grand more. We decided it wasn't worth all that extra money. Maybe one day we'll get a set from camping world or something.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #36

The Eagle 332cbok we got came with most of what I wanted, 2 ac units, 2 tvs, auto leveling, upgraded steps, residential refrigerator, outside kitchen. It came wired for the rear camera so I had that added, we shall see how useful it is. I wish it had come with the central vacuum, though I don't know how good they are, and I wish it had more linen closet space. I also would like to have added the outdoor kitchen tv, but I think I can do that myself. Mostly, I wish it had come with the disc brakes.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #37

Quote:
the 265 just came with the chairs that rock while the recliners/rockers come with the 27 and it was like 5 grand more. We decided it wasn't worth all that extra money. Maybe one day we'll get a set from camping world or something.
Our Keystone Cougar came with 2 rocking/swivel chairs and I always wanted recliners so I get your point.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #38

After several trips in our 2019 Jayflight 28BHS we got rid of the Godforsaken table that came with it and are now using a good card table. We also got rid of the jack knife sofa and got two recliners.

One thing I did insist on when buying this unit is a battery cutoff. It has made life a lot happier.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:05 PM   #39

I don't care for the location of Tele vs small couch. I wish I had the 2 reclining swivel chairs instead of a double couch (3-person couch would also be nice) as we don't have any children.
Also wish the couch folded out to a bed in case I have company.
Also prefer the "U-Shaped dinette" so we can sit with our dogs.
Wish the lower bunk had AC or at least a built in fan.
Bigger fridge would be nice

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:11 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBees View Post
Same wish as yours! Here are some major items I added after the purchase,
2000w generator, 2 100 watt solar panels, cell phone booster, EMS Electrical management system , satellite dish, 2 6v deep cycle batteries, tire pressure monitoring system and replaced fan in bath with maxifan
I'd like to hear about the tire monitoring system and the cell phone booster. 1st, how did you add them? 2nd, how does the cell phone booster work?

Thanks