Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2021, 05:14 AM   #21

Try a different TV

If this happened to me I would borrow a friend or relatives truck and hitch it up and take the trailer out for a drive. That would eliminate a lot of potential problems immediately to see which vehicle your problem lies in.
TonyOIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:34 AM   #22

Check driveshaft(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
We had the same thing with our 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Found out our transmission was going.... Might want to check your transmission. I believe your transmission might going. Not the fault of the trailer.
It would also be a good idea to crawl under your TV and double check the U-joints on your driveshaft(s). The intermittent charateristic of your vibration appearing at different speeds and different times might indicate a U-joint is loose in its yoke....or that the needle bearings are deteriorating. Check each joint for looseness or slop, especially right in front of the rear axle. Vibration from that could easily be misinterpreted as coming from the trailer.

6X on the brake controller.
MoRyde CRE 3000 Suspension Upgrade w/WetBolt kit.
RoadMaster 2 Axle Shock Absorber Kit.
1985 Coachman Catlina 20' (sold)
Sbrinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:52 AM   #23

Alright, final message.

New tires fixed it.

I don't know what Discount was thinking when I had the original tires inspected and balanced, but when I got the new ones in and took them to a different store, I asked them to laser check them, and one of them was no longer a circle, it was a triangle.

Took it for a test drive, got up to 70 MPH (tires are rated for 81), and it was smooth as butter.

The guy at Discount thinks that it was bad, and the heat from the last trip just caused it to disform when we parked it. They were almost 5 years old.

Thanks for the replies everyone!