I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 24 8.11%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 23 7.77%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 17 5.74%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 18 6.08%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 11 3.72%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 18 6.08%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2016, 12:28 PM   #71

Not very good at all. 3 appointments to fix the rubber trim around the side door. 3 attempts to fix the leaking shower. 2 appointments to fix same loose trim piece. On the last appointment, the dealership forgot they even had my mh on their lot. The camper sat their on the lot for 2.5 months until I called them for pick up.

Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #72

Hamiltons Rv Outlet, Saginaw. Well trained, professional sales person. We really loved him. Delivery walk-through was less than 20 minutes,leaving us with a ton of questions.,(Our fault, I guess). Follow-up visits with service quite unsatisfying. Communication/ feedback on areas of concern is short of desirable .

1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Dreamgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #73

Hamiltons Rv, Saginaw. Salesperson was personable, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with.. Walk through at delivery didn't last 20 minutes. Lots of question when we got home. (Our fault for not asking perhaps). Now, working with the service dept. we feel their communication/ follow up leaves much to be desired.
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Old 03-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #74

Hamiltons Rv , Saginaw. Salesman was relaxed, knowledgeable and efficient. Allowed us to make decisions in our own time. Delivery walk through lasted no more than 20 minutes, leaving us with a lot of unanswered questions (no doubt because of our failure to ask). Service dept. on a followup visit not too impressive. Questionable communication and poor follow-up.
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Old 03-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #75
BJR

I'm voting "My dealer is a necessary evil."

Don't want to deal with them but they're the only ones within a reasonable distance.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #76

Our local dealer is Gillette Interstate RV. Their service department has been outstanding in all respects with us, but sales, not so much. I am sure there are others out there that had better experiences with them, but as for us, I think we have been blacklisted because we dared to call them out on their pricing.

When we purchased our first RV (Coachmen Freedom Express) they "seemed" to be great. All smiles, more than willing to answer questions, pretty much everything a used car salesman is taught to do with an "uninformed" buyer and ended up paying a lot more than we should have. This time around, that was NOT the case as returning customers who now knew that we could "negotiate" and by how much. Boy did things change.

We wasted 6 months trying to get something ordered with this dealership. From the beginning, they promised to beat any deal we could get elsewhere. Nothing could have been further from the truth. When they literally refused to sit down in person with us, I should have raised the red flag but didn't. After that, there was intermittent phone calls not being returned, emails not being responded to, and they wouldn't accept an order on a 2017 until the actual pricing came out. Then when we finally got them to give us "numbers" and we tried to negotiate, they dragged it out for weeks until they finally came back and told us that because this took so long, they could no longer honor their initial offer and now needed an additional 10 grand down! Maybe if they had sat down with us months earlier instead of relying on phone calls and emails? In the end, I guess our return business just didn't mean much to them if we didn't just blindly follow along. So we took their "inferred" advice and went elsewhere.

End result, after a few short days of back and forth with Terrytown RV, which is about an hour away, we not only got the trailer we wanted ordered, but saved over 4 grand as well from Gillette's "best price"! Thanks Gillette! I just wonder if now, we are on their service department black list as well. I hope not, but guess we will find out.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:59 AM   #77

I made my deal with an out of town dealer over the phone. After I traveled there to sign and pick up they wanted to switch the deal. Long story short, I put another 5 or 6 hundred down and they lowered the sales price by that much as well. The salesman and I were both fit to be tied, the financing guy was the problem.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #78

We purchased our unit from Clear Creek RV in Silverdale, WA. Was a great experience and their service department has been topnotch. I highly recommend them to all our friends, family and encounters out and about.

We first looked at Valley RV SuperCenter in Kent and they had a 2015 unit we liked but they refused to work with us on the price. They were slow to respond to our requests and really felt like they did not want our business. I honestly thought we would have been the easiest sale all year since we had the coin and knew exactly what we wanted and were ready to drive it off the lot. Luckily we found the same model but a 2016 (fully loaded) unit and Clear Creek was more than happy to negotiate and work on the price. After all was said and done, we towed off the lot a trailer one year newer and way more options than the unit from Valley RV and 4k under the price Valley was trying to sell a 2015 model for.

Clear Creek has definitely earned our next travel trailer purchase.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
EAZ-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch w/Sway Control
jsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:46 PM   #79

Dealer Satisfaction Poll

Satisfied with my dealer, however, the salesman lied to me. The MSRP listing listed a 22" TV. I was provided a 19" TV as the salesman said the 22" TV would
not fit. I upgraded to a 24" TV which fits, go figure. Live and learn.
mohok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #80

Lone Star RV in Houston. Service department answered all my questions about the quality of the trailers I was looking at and being new to the travel trailer world , I appreciated that. After comparing prices for the RV I chose, the price seemed fair and thier parts department has just as good of prices as anyone else. They are close to the house also.

2016 Jayco 28RBDS
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4
DandE is offline   Reply With Quote