Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2015, 11:15 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
I go to a nudist park so don't have to make any trips.
Is it any wonder why I can't sleep ?

2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:23 AM   #12
Site Team
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
I use laundry baskets to move everything from the house. It takes a few trips, but it has always worked for us. Dry goods in one trip, refridgerated goods in another, freezer goods in another, cloths in another and maybe 2 or 3 trips for shoes (the wife has something for shoes)
x2. Most of what gets loaded goes in the bed of the truck. Pretty much just clothes and food in the TT. I use a checklist to prevent leaving anything behind.

When finished, we nest the laundry baskets and put them in front of the bed for use as a clothes hamper.

...and what is it about wives and shoes?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:44 AM   #13
Just little old me. I also use a laundry basket to move things. Just consider it e Tra exercise. LOL But our motorhome is very close, don't have to walk more than 45' back and forth. That is a plus.
2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #14
I hear ya! Typically I'm the one that gets off work early and gets our TT ready and loaded. We try to set everything out the night before but I still am exhausted after making 20 trips between the house and TT (parked at the curb since our driveway is small). I like the collapsible wagon idea.
2013 26BH ghetto model w/ 4 plain rims and some rust
2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gasser

I have a fever...and the only cure is more camping!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:55 AM   #15
DW just uses me. Although she really likes telling the story of when I forgot my underwear!
2010 Jayco Feather Sport 22'6" DrawTite,12,000 lbs.
2011 Ford F-150 XLT SCab 4x4 Tow Package
"If you can't be smart; be stubborn.". DG.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #16
Originally Posted by SecretCoveDave View Post
DW just uses me. Although she really likes telling the story of when I forgot my underwear!
I keep an extra set in the camper just for this eventuality. In fact, I keep an entire outfit in the trailer; underwear, socks, t-shirt, sweat shirt, jeans and shoes. I have a paralyzing fear of forgetting my clothes (it's silly, I know).

Anyway, as to the original point: Since our trailer lives in storage with no power, we cannot keep consumables in there. So we use those reusable cloth grocery bags. We have one that lives on the coat closet right by the back door, that's where we put things we don't want to forget next time we have the trailer. I can carry at least 4 of them in one trip if I need to.

We make a meal plan ahead of time that includes a "grocery list" and a "from home" list. When we're buying groceries, we make a special trip to the store just to stock up for our trip; those groceries don't go in the house, they go straight from the car into the camper. We bring the trailer home from storage a week before we leave to cool the fridge down (we have 50A plug at home) and conduct any maintenance or repairs that need to be done.

The rest of the food that comes from our house is on a separate list. DW and I gather in the kitchen, assemble all the things we're bringing from the kitchen, load it all in those cloth bags, and shuttle them out to the trailer. Usually it's only one trip. Our clothes and toiletries are another trip. Truthfully, I'm happy to go out to the trailer for any reason, so I don't mind making more trips.

We have laminated lists that we've made up based on past experience that include things we know we are likely to forget. Between this and having a written meal plan, and grocery lists, we haven't forgotten anything in a long time. All lists get reviewed prior to departure while the truck is hooked up and running (we have a laminated list for towing, setup and teardown as well).

When we get home, all the consumables go back into cloth bags and get shuttled into the house, all the laundry is in a "barracks bag" to go in the laundry room for cleaning, and our toiletries are in travel bags and go back into the bathroom for re-stocking so they're ready for next time.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #17
I bring the trailer close to the front door of our bungalow and start loading things in a box and start putting things away. I don't have s problem with doing that.
2011 jayco 33rlds, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2008 Suzuki sx-4, hers. Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #18
Sense I store the trailer at a storage yard, I take everything out on the day, I am Leaving.
I will put everything except the food in the trailer,( cooler) until I get to where I am going.
Will stop at a store to get what every I have forgotten from home.
I cannot even get the dog(buddy) to carry anything in for me.
Attached Thumbnails
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:53 AM   #19
Originally Posted by annie oakly View Post
I cannot even get the dog(buddy) to carry anything in for me.
And sometimes do you even need to carry Buddy?
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Steve (std Poodle) & Eydie (min Schnauzer)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights 2015, 90 nights 2016)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #20
We use silicone bread molds to make blocks of ice beforehand. The huge blocks last the whole weekend and then some. We use laundry baskets to carry most everything to the camper. Its not far, right next to the house.

2013 33 RLDS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1
2007 TBSS
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote