Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #201

Never underestimate the power of prayer. It's nice to see a family that still holds traditional beliefs and prays together. Hang in there "Tooth Fairy"...

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #202
Site Team

Yes, hang in there and keep on going! My neighbor has been out of work for two years and finally found something that he was not overqualified for this week.

Prayers and family support make it so.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #203

John, sorry to hear about your work situation. I love reading your posts, because you have such a creative mind and great mods. It sounds like you are a man of faith, just remember that the Lord will test you, but He will never give you more than you can bear. Keep searching, keep being positive, but most importantly KEEP PRAYING and being a good example to your children. Perhaps His plan is for you to be at home with the children and pass along your creativity and positive mindset to your children... the only way to accomplish that is to temporarily out of the workplace.

Stay strong, God bless you.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #204

John,

Awesome mods, though you have set the bar so high not sure we would expect anything less from you!!! Keep up the great work.

Concerning the job situation, we are all hoping and praying you are offered a job very, very soon. There are some jobs that while the companies are requiring a college degree, the piece of paper does not give you real world experience. There are some jobs which should still have the men and women move up the ladder from the trenches with the experience and knowledge in their field/job/career.

Hopefully the Tooth Fairy's hand writing is different than yours' is. That is awesome of your daughter.

Hang in there and keep the positive thoughts!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:32 PM   #205

Again I'd like to thank the forum members who have replied, commented, prayed, etc. Kind of got me choked up a little this morning reading the comments. No member on this forum has met me (that I know of), yet you still have the care and concern as if we'd been lifelong friends. Thank you! I assure you it really means a lot to me, and my family.

Yes, we are a family of faith. It's what keeps us going, and together. No doubt, we are being tested, but, we will make it. Stressful and aggravating, yes, but we will never turn our back on God.

Norty, man, I don't feel so bad since your neighbor was out of work 2 years. I can't even imagine that. I don't think I could go that long really. Might would just have to go all out, throw all eggs in the basket and take a gamble on a business in our shop. Not what I want to do really, but, time will tell. Location is key, and we're not in that great location to make a good living really, especially with RV customizing. Amazing how LITTLE RVs are around here.

Hopefully I can come up with a few more mods for yall to keep the thread going, and interesting. All of yall are awesome, and I thank yall for the prayers.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #206

We (wife and I) know what it's like. She was off work for 11-1/2 months. Luckily I had just transferred into a different department at work, and was grabbing all the o/t I could get.

Have you weighed your rig lately??? You aren't over the gvwr of it yet are you??? Lol

Old 09-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #207

Hadn't weighed it recently, but yes, it has crossed my mind. The way I figure, some mods, I'm removing MDF and replacing with solid wood. So, same or lighter. Residential fridge is lighter, so I gained a little slack there. Then again, the door trim may have added some, as well as the shoe shelf. Who knows where I'm at now. Guess I'll cross the scales in the near future and see where we're at. Still want to change out the stock sink for a stainless, and we're debating ditching the whole couch for a futon / bed type of outfit. We don't use the couch for much more than changing the little one, or sitting for a few minutes in the morning watching TV. Right now, the little one is in the play pen next to the couch, but that will soon be gone. We've debated sticking 2 kids on 1 bunk, but I think I could make it work better with a solution in place of the couch.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #208

Door Face Moulding

Kind of a follow up to the décor above the doors. Couldn't stand it, and decided to add some face moulding to the sides of both doors. One door is poplar, the other pine, just because I had some left over and just enough to do this project. Finished it out pretty nice. So, another 2 Lbs or so added to the weight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7687.jpg   IMG_7688.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #209

Sorry about the sideways pictures.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:23 PM   #210

Nice addition!!!