Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2022, 05:00 PM   #41

Florida Campgrounds

For CommonMan coming to Florida. I’ve lived in Florida for 47 years. Camped all over. We love Florida State Parks. AND to my knowledge they still don’t charge a premium price for non-residents(like Oregon, Washington and Montana or daily admission fees is camping there. We love the state parks with springs( Silver Springs) doesn’t let you swim in it. There are two Army Corp Of Engineers campgrounds around LaBelle that are cool( inland). And I’m sure that you can find that the inland( Sebring, Zolofo Springs, Fristproof, etc) campgrounds are more reasonable. Ft De Soto County campground in St Petersburg is a GEM but $45a night and busy. There is a big following of winter bluegrass festivals which are reasonable plus music. Yeehaw Junction BG festival in January in Okeechobee is fun. Make reservations now and keep trying for a fun time in Florida.
Captnjimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #42

It's c m ed capitalism

Supply - Demand is the backbone of our economic system of capitalism. In the long run, it's a great thing as price surges inspire new businesses, increasing supply.
In the short run, it feels like price gouging - though that is more typically defines as opportuniamsticalky taking advantage of an emergency to prey upon those in need of essentials, eg trkplingvthe price of water after a hurricane.
I'm currenrtly in MN, enjoting a break from our Florida home. Costing me twice what it would have last year. But i do not call it price gouging. This too shall pass.
sbmanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:04 PM   #43

Sorry about gross spelling errors! Voice input is hit or miss.
sbmanatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:03 PM   #44
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmanatee View Post
Sorry about gross spelling errors! Voice input is hit or miss.
Mark Twain said never trust a man who can only spell a word one way.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote