Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadeals View Post
The op photos sure look like South Cove in Seneca. Some spots can be very tricky with bigger rigs, especially after others are set up. I hope it was still a fun time overall. One intimidating spot was at the beach where they pack you in. With tight one-way aisles and 90 degree spots, the row of campers and their cars often sit right on the road, so you have to initiate the turn at just the right spot and hold the perfect radius until the tv is back enough not to hit something in the other aisle when straightening things up.

This looks like Lakewood @ Myrtle beach.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:04 AM   #62

Bingo @WVDusty!
seadeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:55 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadeals View Post
The op photos sure look like South Cove in Seneca. Some spots can be very tricky with bigger rigs, especially after others are set up. I hope it was still a fun time overall. One intimidating spot was at the beach where they pack you in. With tight one-way aisles and 90 degree spots, the row of campers and their cars often sit right on the road, so you have to initiate the turn at just the right spot and hold the perfect radius until the tv is back enough not to hit something in the other aisle when straightening things up.
I see pics of CG's like that and I have to ask why? Where's the enjoyment in that? Wally World parking lot would be a step above. I am way more into State Parks, boon docking etc.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:27 PM   #64

Maybe I can explain it in a thousand words...

We were 50 yards from this. We went in April and had lots of beach to ourselves. It was the first time we had all three of our girls at the beach. The fun they has was nothing short of priceless. Our friends spent $2500+ on a condo for the same. We had our own space, our own bed, a water park, pedal boats, bikes and the beach for under $300. The beauty of camping is we all get to go places that appeal to us. We spend way more time in state parks ourselves. Another fun one was taking it all the way to LEGO Land (almost like the real Wally World trip - not the superstore). The campground was walking distance to a Wally World (the superstore) so shopping was easy and the park was a mile or so down the road. No, you don’t watch eagles land in the trees above at places like that; but we enjoy places where that happens too.
Attached Thumbnails
A1968CB5-119A-441A-AA69-1321996A2F25.jpg  
seadeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:40 PM   #65
Site Team

[QUOTE=seadeals;683660]The op photos sure look like South Cove in Seneca. Some spots can be very tricky with bigger rigs, especially after others are set up. I hope it was still a fun time overall. One intimidating spot was at the beach where they pack you in. With tight one-way aisles and 90 degree spots, the row of campers and their cars often sit right on the road, so you have to initiate the turn at just the right spot and hold the perfect radius until the tv is back enough not to hit something in the other aisle when straightening things up.

Yes we had a great time, especially on Sunday and Monday after the weekend crowd left.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
When I took my tractor trailer road test in New York decades ago you had to parallel park the tractor trailer. I never understood the logic behind that but I am glad I have the ability just in case I end up in a campground like Norty and Spring...
I used to shunt trailers, 48 footers, on the night shift. 1 pot light over the loading doors and the tractor lights were the only illumination. Wasn't a big yard either. Never scraped a trailer.
25 years ago dragging a 12 foot tandem axle U-Haul with a Mercury Montego across the northern states we stopped for lunch in Bozeman and I parallel parked in 3 spaces. Plenty of folks stopped and watched. All that shunting in the dark has paid off in backing prowess.
Mach1tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:11 AM   #67

No Thanks that is a little too close for me.
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #68

Show off your backing skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
We did a short stay at a campground in MD a few weeks ago on the way home from the Outer Banks. It was pouring rain, our site was fairly small and it was a passenger side back. The place was packed and the road was narrow. I asked the guy across from me if he could move his truck which would have made my back in much easier but he refused. Told me he'd been drinking and also that he didn't want to get wet. Was a total pain but was able to get backed in after a few tries.

What an “moderator edit “

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote