Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #21
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Yes, that's your electrical panel alright! Staple some aluminum foley under the bed platform, if you worry about it or trade it in for the unit you like.

Many times people are warned about doing thorough research before buying an RV, warnings all over the WEB. So any complain one can address to themselves.
In the PDI everything should be explained and the customer can ask for explanation if they don't understand something.
Why are only a handful complaining? Seems to me lack of skills and knowledge.

Or bad planning and construction by the manufacturer, with no regard for the consumer. The Greyhawk also has an electrical panel under the master bed. Electrical short, and the owners burn before they can get out of the unit.

Thorough research? None of these units, with electrical under the master beds would sell. Sorry but while this has not happened yet, it will and there will be legal firms on late night TV seeking clients for class action law suits.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #22

For the paranoid about EMF crowd you need to get rid of:
cell phones
toasters
hairdryers
microwave oven
heaters
oven
electric razor
computer screen
computer
coffee maker
vacuum
blender

shall I go on?
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:12 PM   #23
CAG

EMF does not bother me. A short and fire does.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:15 PM   #24
CAG

Of course that would never happen with the high quality in RV construction.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #25

Not that I own this, however it appears to be designed exactly for blocking RF Signals. It would seem easy enough to put this under the mattress, if one was inclined to do so.

~CA

https://www.amazon.com/Shielding-Blu...-4&tag=mh0b-20
Old 01-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Not that I own this, however it appears to be designed exactly for blocking RF Signals. It would seem easy enough to put this under the mattress, if one was inclined to do so.

~CA

https://www.amazon.com/Shielding-Blu...-4&tag=mh0b-20

Thanks for posting a sensible and reasonable reply to the OP. While I'm personally dismissive of the concerns of sleeping near the panel, it's clear the OP has questions/concerns.

As for those who are so quickly dismissive, recall our generation of doctors used to recommend smoking.

Things change as we learn more.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:05 PM   #27

Thanks, and with thinking of Doctors, they also say "Do no harm" or something like that, with that in mind, I fully believe that blocking EMF under the bed would certainly do no harm. Amazon showed me that I also might like this item, some of you may remember they were very popular years back. https://www.amazon.com/Gates-90330-S...-5&tag=mh0b-20
Old 01-06-2021, 03:47 AM   #28

where is the electrical breaker panel for Alante and Precept located?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:35 AM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
where is the electrical breaker panel for Alante and Precept located?

Most, if not all, will be in the same location the side or foot of the bed. Why? Because that's the place where they have room for all the modern electrical stuff we want/need in our RVs without impacting the other storage locations. Inverters for TVs, Fridges, charger for the house batteries, slide controllers, etc... It's also because usually the bed is in the back of the unit near the main incoming electrical connection, so the breaker panel is as close to the shore cord as they can make it. That's general electrical basics.

I understand your concern, don't share it and do not worry about EMF, but understand your concern and want to help. If this is a big concern for you, I would look into a different type of rig. Travel Trailers and 5th wheels normally have a different layout with the master bed near the front and the electrical typically in the rear. At least in that respect, you could be further away form the breaker panel while sleeping.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:01 AM   #30

[QUOTE=craigav;926938]Not that I own this, however it appears to be designed exactly for blocking RF Signals. It would seem easy enough to put this under the mattress, if one was inclined to do so.

RF signals are not the same as EMF. RF: Radio Frequency EMF: Electromotive force.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #31

[QUOTE=Vicr;926985]
Quote:

RF signals are not the same as EMF. RF: Radio Frequency EMF: Electromotive force.
Yes, but the add for the blanket thing mentions that EMF Radiation Shielding is a feature.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Jayco alante: why is electric circuit breaker box put on bed side? Is it dangerous to sleep on bed with the breaker box? magnetic radiation?
your cell phone is more of a concern.. sleep tight don't worry about something that is non existent...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:41 AM   #33

[QUOTE=Scoutmaster253;926991]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post

Yes, but the add for the blanket thing mentions that EMF Radiation Shielding is a feature.

I wasn't referencing the blanket. I referenced the difference between RF and EMF. This thread is about EMF radiation not RF signals.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:00 PM   #34

[QUOTE=Vicr;927025]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutmaster253 View Post

I wasn't referencing the blanket. I referenced the difference between RF and EMF. This thread is about EMF radiation not RF signals.
Just FYI, RF is a type of EMF radiation, the difference being that RF is considered to be only the EMF that is generated from sources used for radio purposes (primarily communications). EMF is more often referenced as the waves that come from sources other than radio, such as power lines and transformers, appliances, etc. ~CA
Old 01-06-2021, 12:17 PM   #35

[QUOTE=craigav;927031]
Quote:
Just FYI, RF is a type of EMF radiation, the difference being that RF is considered to be only the EMF that is generated from sources used for radio purposes (primarily communications). EMF is more often referenced as the waves that come from sources other than radio, such as power lines and transformers, appliances, etc. ~CA

Yes, thanks for a further clarification. Most RV's however do not have RF producing devices in them as from the manufacturer of the RV.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #36

[QUOTE=Vicr;927035]
Quote:

Yes, thanks for a further clarification. Most RV's however do not have RF producing devices in them as from the manufacturer of the RV.
My earlier comments about the blanket blocking RF also applies to EMF, I am very familiar with this and should have realized others may not be. In any case, I am not of the opinion that there is enough EMF to be concerned, and in fact just for discussion if you put a shield under the bed, that shield also becomes a reflector. So if you (for discussion purposes) had a wifi hotspot on the ceiling above the bed, and the bed had the blanket I referenced earlier under the mattress, then you would actually have more EMF where you were sleeping vs less due to the reflected EMF (RF in this example).

In any case and again, I personally do not believe there is enough RF/EMF in an RV to be concerned with, however I know that others debate this very deeply (not RV's in particular).

Also, not that I know harm occurs, I try not to have my cell phone up to my head for any long periods of time, primarily for like I stated earlier as I am not sure any harm would occur by doing so, I am a firm believer that no harm would occur by keeping a bit of distance between the cell phone and one's head... even though that was not the topic of the thread, several people did mention cell phones and they are correct that cell phones do generate RF. The closer any device like this is to you, the more EMF you would get exposed to.

I am also a firm believer that if RF/EMS doesn't kill you, something else will (lol). Stay safe everyone. ~CA
Old 01-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Most, if not all, will be in the same location the side or foot of the bed. Why? Because that's the place where they have room for all the modern electrical stuff we want/need in our RVs without impacting the other storage locations. Inverters for TVs, Fridges, charger for the house batteries, slide controllers, etc... It's also because usually the bed is in the back of the unit near the main incoming electrical connection, so the breaker panel is as close to the shore cord as they can make it. That's general electrical basics.

I understand your concern, don't share it and do not worry about EMF, but understand your concern and want to help. If this is a big concern for you, I would look into a different type of rig. Travel Trailers and 5th wheels normally have a different layout with the master bed near the front and the electrical typically in the rear. At least in that respect, you could be further away form the breaker panel while sleeping.
breaker box is better in the foot of bed since it is further away from head. However the one in Entegra coach is on the side close to the head of bed. Only owners can tell where it is, no info on web. I think it should be in the same outside storage compartment where the power chord is.
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:34 PM   #38

Quote:
For the paranoid about EMF crowd you need to get rid of:
cell phones
toasters
hairdryers
microwave oven
heaters
oven
electric razor
computer screen
computer
coffee maker
vacuum
blender

shall I go on?
Yes! you only scratched the surface...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:05 AM   #39

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
breaker box is better in the foot of bed since it is further away from head. However the one in Entegra coach is on the side close to the head of bed. Only owners can tell where it is, no info on web. I think it should be in the same outside storage compartment where the power chord is.

Being on the side vs foot is a matter of floorplan more than who the manufacturer is in this case. Remember that Jayco and Entegra gas coaches are made in the same factory, so anyting that can be the same between the two are for simplicity and repeatability sake. In my Entegra, the breaker panel is in the foot of the bed. Based on the picture you sent, that's a different floor plan than what i have. I have the Entegra Vision 31V (Jayco Allanta 31V).

I guess that would be doable technically, but then you would need to be concerned with the weatherproofing of that location in order to protect the breakers, the connections, and the 12V converter which may be part of that panel. You could ask the manufacturer why they made the decision to put it in the side vs foot vs outside, but my guess is you won't get an answer that helps. In the picture you sent, the floorplan looks to have the side of the bed facing a hall or some type of door opening, so the thought process is likely easier access by the owner in a more open space vs the foot of the bed.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:51 AM   #40

I have no idea why everyone is focused on the circuit panel..... Even if the circuit breakers (120v AC) and fuses (12v DC) were outside, all the wires, transfer switch, Inverter, relays, connections, etc will pass under the bed for a rear bed RV. Even if everything above was outside, unless it's far from the bed, it makes no difference.

Lastly, if it was outside, the first time a circuit breaker trips or a fuse blows and it's cold/snowy, raining, etc outside, I could hear all the b!tc#ing happening why anyone would do that.

My $0.02.

Mark