Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #21

Gosh Ive been having warranty work done on my 16 Eagle 321 RSTS for almost two years! Just had the entire roof replaced June 10,2017.Only suggestion hang in there its a wear down process by the dealer.Follow up with factory to make sure they are addressing each and everyone of your concerns! Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails
Resterant.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #22

Glad you got you all squared away Dskyward!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #23

Concerning your water pump issue, we had a similar situation on our 2014 Eagle Premier. The water temp would fluctuate wildly when using the shower. The fluctuations corresponded to pump cycles. The pump is a Shurflo 4008. This pump has a by pass feature to control cycling at low flow. The dealer and Jayco had no solution. I finally called Shurflo and was advised to adjust the pump pressure and the bypass feature up. Turning the pressure up 1/2 turn solved the problem.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #24

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Concerning your water pump issue, we had a similar situation on our 2014 Eagle Premier. The water temp would fluctuate wildly when using the shower. The fluctuations corresponded to pump cycles. The pump is a Shurflo 4008. This pump has a by pass feature to control cycling at low flow. The dealer and Jayco had no solution. I finally called Shurflo and was advised to adjust the pump pressure and the bypass feature up. Turning the pressure up 1/2 turn solved the problem.
Hi Sailor,
Wow, could it be that easy? My Shurflo is the exact same model#4008. Two separate adjustments, you say? I've not studied the body or clear filter cup right next to it carefully, but where is the pressure adjustment and bypass located? Any pics please?

On day 5, we swapped out the factory water heater for a Truma AquaGo Comfort model and even so, if one's taking a shower, and the other turns on the kitchen sink hot water tap, cold water will arrive at the shower head in all pressure situations. It's highest temp goes no higher than 120 deg. More than I'll ever desire. Communication with the DW when she wants to wash dishes is paramount, otherwise the war is on. Funny story is when we remodeled our residential home that we sold, for this lifestyle, we put a luxury Delta shower valve that had a preset mechanical thermostat with some magical power to keep the shower temp perfectly stable no matter what other tap was opened and turned to any temperature. I mean you could not tell at all. Before that valve was soldered in, the old shower valve suffered cold water intrusions, say if the washer was going in the garage, or the DW was showering in the guest bath, all with just one 40 gal water heater in the garage...and a far piece away.

It would be just awesome if that technology could be transferred to the RV. Am I dreaming, or is there such a smart valve device on the market? I'm not a plumber, but a carpenter. Tomorrow, I'll post some new mods to the master closet I did for the DW.

Pictured is my WP before Jayco added the pex siphon line. Turn it upside down for correct view, as I have oriented to read the label.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4821.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Dskyward

That's awesome! Glad they fixed you up. Sounds like you got the VIP treatment [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Tom. As always, you and others are very creative and supportive. Sorry for the late reply on that.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Gosh Ive been having warranty work done on my 16 Eagle 321 RSTS for almost two years! Just had the entire roof replaced June 10,2017.Only suggestion hang in there its a wear down process by the dealer.Follow up with factory to make sure they are addressing each and everyone of your concerns! Good Luck
Hi bdreinv,
Thanks, and you too! A roof replaced inside two years?! I'm shocked to hear a Jayco product suffering, of all things, their renown roof system. I hope the new roof is better than factory 'suppose to be'. As full timers, we were fortunate with family in Ft Wayne and decided to deal directly with Jayco directly for all the warranty items, since our dealer in Middlebury (2 miles away) has limited resources in fixing delicate issues, like stress cracks. They gave us an awesome deal, compared to down in Texas.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Glad you got you all squared away Dskyward!
Some things I had questions on, like missing trim on the slides, I'm ok with, just picky about why here and not there.... but that's just RV life. As far as I'm concerned, we got great treatment at Jayco Service, twice in a row. Fine folks.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #28

Thanks we are in Arizona wish the had a west cost outlet!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote