Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #81

Possible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick View Post
We just put on a waterproof fitted mattress protector (on the bottom of mattress). Camped once and it worked. At least it protects the mattress from ever getting wet.
We were having moisture problems ever since we got our X17Z. Tried cracking a window, sleeping bags, and then just accepted that it would happen. Then our son is going through potty training and we were worried about the mattress. I picked up a vinyl cover for less then $6 to protect the mattress. We woke up and had moisture under my wife’s and my bed (the one not protected), but not my son’s. I just bought another one for the other bed and will try it out the next time we camp.
Greg02280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #82

Easy Fix with Reflectix

Buy a roll of Reflectix at Home Depot. Cut it to size and slip the sections under your mattress.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #83

I'm considering this. one roll does 2 queen bunk ends.
Any thoughts?
https://www.lowes.ca/floor-underlaym..._g1434328.html
Attached Thumbnails
delta-fl_rollwtape2282625.jpg  
Stever71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #84

Marmot, did that work for you. Reflectix seems relatively cheap but should do the trick. Curious on how you get it to stay permanently on the bunk (below the mattress)
skott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 PM   #85

The mattresses in my 2013 x17z are cloth on one side and vinyl on the bottom side. I use sleeping bags and have camped in all types f weather and not had any moisture issues under the mattress. Have had some very wet tent ends and window glass in very cold and damp weather though even with the Windows on the ends slightly unzipped both that is to be expected.
jimovernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #86

Has anyone here looked at or tried using a Therm-a-Rest ridge rest sleeping pad? Ive been looking for cost effective solutions to add a bit more padding and create airspace. I figured 3 of the regular sized mats between the mattress and bunk end. You can get them with a reflective coating, they don't absorb water and have air channels.

I can outfit all three bunks for around $350 Canadian. The venting fabric is double the cost here and you still have to roll it up when packing the trailer.
DRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #87

Use Reflectix

You can accomplish the same thing by using Reflectix, available in rolls at Lowe’s and Home Depot. You’ll save big money.
Marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
You can accomplish the same thing by using Reflectix, available in rolls at Lowe’s and Home Depot. You’ll save big money.
Good luck with Reflectix it doesn't look like it has enough thermal break which is needed to keep the moisture away. It looks very thin and would transfer the heat from above causing moisture. Has anybody tried this.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #89

We have never once had any significant condensation under the mattresses in our x17z. My theory is that it's because we sleep in sleeping bags, and therefore the mattress doesn't get heated up much. Last time we camped, it was cold and we were inside a good chunk of the day with the heat on. I forgot that night to crack a window and we got a ton of condensation on the bunk ends (it was practically raining inside) but none under the mattress.