Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #21

https://ford.oemdtc.com/6905/illumin...-ford-e-series
basicinstinct911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:10 AM   #22

Service Advance Trak

I have an Entegra Odyssey 24B and had the same Service Advance Trak issue. Ford came up with a program fix in late March or early April 2021 and sent the correct coding updates to the Ford service departments. My coach is currently at Ford service getting the update. Unfortunately, they called me today to report that after they performed the diagnostics, my fix goes beyond a program update. I will need a new module that controls the alarms for the ABS and Advance Trak, the wheel speed sensors, as well as allowing cruise control to operate. My hope is that when they are done with the fix I will no longer hear those nuisance alarms for Service Advance Trak and Hill Assist which activate whenever I put the vehicle in drive and move forward after a minute or two. Fortunately, I had no issues regarding driveability.
tlabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:39 AM   #23

that sucks..mine goes in shop Monday
basicinstinct911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:30 AM   #24

Update

On my recent trip to Amarillo the system shutdown several times but pulling over and leaving the truck off for about 5 minutes cleared the issue. It does seem the crosswinds caused it.

Let us know if the fixes work.

Paul
TX-PMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 12:28 AM   #25

Service Advance Trac

Our new 2021 Redhawk 22J with the new 7.3 V8 got this message the minute we drove out of the dealership on May 1 and Straight to Ford and appt for May11. We also got a second message hill assist not available. It also felt like the steering was off. The dealership reported it happened also but did not repeat. The next day and onward it did not happen since but the traction control symbol will flash and steering motor makes a sound and then stops. It’s intermittent and next two drives it happened just after start up. I will report what happens after the 11th.
Capt Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:16 PM   #26

Redhawks 29xk advance tracking issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-PMM View Post
I got this error while driving to the Ford dealer to get a recall on the insulation done.

They just told by their hotline not to do anything to the vehicle since they are working on a solution. But my cruise control and hill climb assist does not work when that error is displayed.

This seems ridiculous that Ford does not even know what to do.
I took my 29xk to Ford for the insulation issue also, and told them about the Service Advance Trac issue. They gave me the same answer. It has happened when raining, but also when conditions were normal. Today it was windy and it happened. So far, it always goes away after shutting the key off, AND pulling the key out. Still, I have to stop for that.
Redhawk 22C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:40 AM   #27

2021 Redhawk 22J

We are experiencing the same problem with our unit. They Ford have it for a third time and no success correcting it. They also preformed this bulletin and did not fix the problem. I am waiting for someone to post what fixed the problem in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
53570556-FD4A-4FD0-A7D3-4BCED2EE3F79.png  
Old 05-29-2021, 07:30 PM   #28

Please help

I just got my RV and on the first trip 4000 miles after from home and having the same issue
johnathansmith1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:09 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathansmith1969 View Post
I just got my RV and on the first trip 4000 miles after from home and having the same issue
They are now going to replace the steering column control module and we are waiting for the part. I will keep you posted if it corrects the problem
Old 06-13-2021, 12:25 AM   #30

Is it fixed now and what was the fix
Old 06-13-2021, 12:29 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Fred View Post
They are now going to replace the steering column control module and we are waiting for the part. I will keep you posted if it corrects the problem
They fixed it and had discovered the steering wheel hard over was 2 1/2 turns to be way and only 2 turns hard over the other way. Everything was centred from the steering box up to the steering angle sensor. Problem fixed.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlabasco View Post
I have an Entegra Odyssey 24B and had the same Service Advance Trak issue. Ford came up with a program fix in late March or early April 2021 and sent the correct coding updates to the Ford service departments. My coach is currently at Ford service getting the update. Unfortunately, they called me today to report that after they performed the diagnostics, my fix goes beyond a program update. I will need a new module that controls the alarms for the ABS and Advance Trak, the wheel speed sensors, as well as allowing cruise control to operate. My hope is that when they are done with the fix I will no longer hear those nuisance alarms for Service Advance Trak and Hill Assist which activate whenever I put the vehicle in drive and move forward after a minute or two. Fortunately, I had no issues regarding driveability.
It was discovered on our 2021 E450 22J unit that the steering was out of whack right from the factory. The steering wheel was 2 1/2 turns when turning the steering wheel all the way to the right and only 2 turns the other way. They corrected it to 2 1/4 turns each way and the problem was gone with the service advance trac
Old 09-22-2021, 10:31 AM   #33

I see we have another RVer from Lake Charles. Purchased an Entegra Odyssey 26M in April. Halfway home from the Dealership, the Service AdvanceTrak light came on as did the Hill Start Assist Unavailable light and ABS light came on and lost cruise control. Brought back to Dealership and they said it was a Ford problem. After turning ignition off, cruise control worked. Decided not to bring unit in to Ford Dealership. Next trip same problem. Stopped for lunch, cruise control working. Took out again on 8 hour drive, cruise control quit and hour into the trip. Drove 15 hours with no cruise control. Called local Ford Dealership and they do not service RVs. Have an appointment on the 29th. Will see what happens
Tiger Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:39 AM   #34

I have not had any issues since I had it in the Ford dealership. They did not really do anything since Ford did not have a fix. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
TX-PMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:54 AM   #35

I had to call Ford Hotline to find a Dealership that would work on a Ford E-450 cutaway chassis. The closest Dealership available was 6 hours away. Fortunately, I have family in the business and found a Dealership 1.5 hours away. Hopefully, it's an easy fix.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:58 AM   #36

Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Paws View Post
I see we have another RVer from Lake Charles. Purchased an Entegra Odyssey 26M in April. Halfway home from the Dealership, the Service AdvanceTrak light came on as did the Hill Start Assist Unavailable light and ABS light came on and lost cruise control. Brought back to Dealership and they said it was a Ford problem. After turning ignition off, cruise control worked. Decided not to bring unit in to Ford Dealership. Next trip same problem. Stopped for lunch, cruise control working. Took out again on 8 hour drive, cruise control quit and hour into the trip. Drove 15 hours with no cruise control. Called local Ford Dealership and they do not service RVs. Have an appointment on the 29th. Will see what happens
i own a 2018 Ford Fusion, have had this happen a couple of times. Dealer unable to replicate but I suspect either loose plug in on one of the wheel sensors or in body harness. I live in a town with deplorable, nearly nonexistent roads and this never happens on sooth pavement.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 05:46 AM   #37

Service Advance Trac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Paws View Post
Join the crowd. We have a 2021 Grey hawk with the same issues. Very annoying to have this happen. Called my local Ford dealer and they gave me an appointment two months out. Said they don’t normally work on motor homes. They also said they would have to research this issue as they have never heard of it before. They finally called back and said to wait because even Ford does not know what to do with it. They tried to send me back to the dealer we bought it from but that didn’t fly with me. It’s a Ford issue, not Jayco.
Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:43 PM   #38

Brought it in to the Ford dealership. Service manager said the service department reset the error codes and updated the software. Picked up the unit at the dealership and drove to New Orleans and back with no issues. Fingers crossed
Old 08-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #39

Same Service Advance Trac

Just had the same notices after hitting road holes while on cruise control!😲
Stopped for a few minutes, notices and signals went off!🤞🤞🧐
Jean Belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:27 PM   #40

We have a Jayco Redhawk 24B 2021!
After issues of slide out not getting out straight,��
now the Service Advance Trac message, the Skid Light and the ABS light!���� but problems were souvent! ������
Jean Belanger is offline   Reply With Quote