Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2023, 07:56 AM   #1

Jayco University

Jayco has announced a training academy in conjunction with the NRVTA. It's free to join - https://www.jaycofamily.com/JFOC-University-NRVTA/

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 08:24 AM   #2
Site Team

This might be a good place for those old campers who want a refresher course or newbies who seek knowledge of their rigs.

It looks like it can be geared to specific models. Sure would appreciate some feedback from anyone who looks at it!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 09:35 AM   #3

I've looked at the first part and it's pretty basic (what you would expect for free); however, as Norty1 said, it appears to be a good refresher for experienced people and a very good start for newbies.

I think they have cut sections out of the full NRVTA training modules, so they kind of start and stop abruptly (more on the stop side) which makes for a not very smooth transition between modules. The training platform is very functional and easy to work through.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 03-15-2023, 10:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
I've looked at the first part and it's pretty basic (what you would expect for free); however, as Norty1 said, it appears to be a good refresher for experienced people and a very good start for newbies.

I think they have cut sections out of the full NRVTA training modules, so they kind of start and stop abruptly (more on the stop side) which makes for a not very smooth transition between modules. The training platform is very functional and easy to work through.
I took the full NRVTA course (Online Version) and you are spot on. It appears they cut content from that course and built a free version. I haven't gone all the way through this version yet but I would expect a sales pitch at some point...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #5

Sounds like NRVTA has bought into Jayco's customer database/owner data (if you sign up which is required) with a free streamlined version in exchange for your personal info...wait for the "extended version" of this "free" service. The best on-the-job training you can ever get is...purchase a new RV, register with the relative manufacturer forum, toss in your tool box, charge your phone and hit the road. If this were purely Jayco it would be readily available on their website...for free.
Retired @ PCB
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 07:58 PM   #6

Anybody see this? Jayco University

Interesting!

https://online.rvtechcourse.com/cour...iRYec7Z_9Zgg3s

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:23 PM   #7

I signed up. I think someone else posted a link. There is a paid advanced course as well.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:11 PM   #8

Just a little sceptical when reviewing the course outline:
Fifth Wheel Specific Systems
- Fifth Wheel Walk Around
- Propane in your Fifth Wheel
- MaxxAir Fan
- RV Refrigerator

I didn't realize that MaxxAir Fans and RV Refrigerators were specific to 5th wheels. I hope they educate on how to remove these from a regular travel trailer.

Sorry, it may be a fully legitimate course, but when the ad reads like a bad spam email, my BS meter starts to go off.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:11 AM   #9

This course is content cut from the RVTA paid course that I took. Both are pretty basic but the full paid course went into a lot more detail.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Just a little sceptical when reviewing the course outline:
Fifth Wheel Specific Systems
- Fifth Wheel Walk Around
- Propane in your Fifth Wheel
- MaxxAir Fan
- RV Refrigerator

I didn't realize that MaxxAir Fans and RV Refrigerators were specific to 5th wheels. I hope they educate on how to remove these from a regular travel trailer.

Sorry, it may be a fully legitimate course, but when the ad reads like a bad spam email, my BS meter starts to go off.
It's not meant to be an in-depth session, even looking at their paid offering, it's a little light, again, they are not meant to make you a certified RV tech, just to have the average person keep their RV going for minor repairs and to give a better understanding of the various systems. The freebie version is just the Lite version. Sort of a teaser for their full RV Owner course. As for the content, given that they have just chopped sections out of the paid course, the selections may not be complete.

If it helps people out, especially new owners of RVs, I think that is great. This forum for the most part has extremely knowledgeable people, and the assistance I have received here has helped tremendously since I bought my trailer 4.5 years ago. We may not be the best audience for the free offering (and some members here could probably teach the paid offering); however, he way I look ay=t it, if I pick up a couple more things that I may not have known, it helps me keep my RV in the best shape I can and reduces my reliance on the dealer.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
Old 03-17-2023, 09:08 AM   #11

There aren't many options out there. From what I'm seeing there are worse ways to spend your surfing time.
Old 03-22-2023, 12:19 PM   #12

I believe I've found the best Jayco university - JOF and other resources. Refreshers are good and for that I refer to my rather voluminous lists and notes to remind of what I once knew.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 12:49 PM   #13

I ran through the whole course. Some good bits, mostly reviewed what i had figured out over the past four years, but not a bad reminder. There were two sections that covered the latest technologies being used (the screens with everything in them), and might be a good reference for people who have those devices. As a technology guy, I found it interesting what is new today. No desire to upgrade for that, good to know just the same.

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew