Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #1

2021 29mv shower leak behind wall?

Hello,
I have a water leak only when the shower is running. It seems to be somewhere behind the wall. I removed the access panel under the fridge exposing the shower pan. The leak seems to be coming from the lip where the walls sit against it. Has anyone else had this problem?
amastro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #2

Welcome Aboard! Luckily I have not had this leak. The most common leak in a shower is between the shower pan, and the drain pipe. Does your shower pan flex when you are standing in it? If so, that would be my first choice. The water might be following the shower pan over to the wall.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #3

Not much floor flex. The water is coming from above the the drain. It looks like it's right where the wall meets the floor pan.
Old 10-02-2021, 10:51 AM   #4

Our shower is leaking behind the wall as well. I opened the access panel to investigate how much water damage was done and discovered our shower drain not connected and significant water in underbelly, insulation is absolutely soaked. Fortunately it’s still under warranty.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:21 PM   #5

Mine did too

Was the connection to the shower hot cold fixture. Pulled it off, and tightened them up

Never an issue since
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #6

I have 2022 Greyhawk 29 and my shower leaks out under corner next to frig when I have water pressure! Does not leak when we shower. I think mine is where pipes go to shower fixture.
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amastro1 View Post
Not much floor flex. The water is coming from above the the drain. It looks like it's right where the wall meets the floor pan.
Amaastro1, have you resolved this issue, yet? I have a 2021 Greyhawk 30Z, and I have water coming under the wall opposite the shower head, too.

I opened the access panel and made sure the drain was tight, but I could see no evidence of water in the vicinity of the drain. It looks as if the water is overflowing the lip of the drain pan. It seems like that should be impossible, but I can't figure out any other possibility. I know the shower surround needs to flex when the camper moves, and that's why it isn't sealed to the lip of the shower pan. But it seems like the lip should be tall enough to prevent water from overflowing.

Any thoughts here? I'm still under warranty so service shouldn't be an issue. However, so far this new unit has spent more time in the shop than on the road. It's getting pretty frustrating.
tmbeadle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:36 AM   #8

I traded the unit in. Never was able to find out where the leak was coming from and the dealer didn't seem to be too concerned. I told them about it when I traded it in.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:40 PM   #9

Smile

Thanks for the quick response.

I hope you're happy with the new rig. Looks like a quick turn-around on the trade-in
Old 12-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #10

Mine is at the dealer now to fix that leak behind shower wall! Water even went in cargo box under it. Will see what they find!
Old 12-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #11

Thanks, looking forward to hearing the outcome.

Just gave my dealer a headsup. We are just finishing our first of 3 weeks in Florida, so it will be a while before I can get mine in
Old 12-08-2021, 05:18 PM   #12

Just picked up my Greyhawk. Dealer said leak was from faulty p trap in shower. We will see. It leaked from under the shower but we had not ever used shower yet! First day we bought it! Hope they fixed it.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:30 PM   #13

You can also get some small leaks from the screws they use to secure the shower walls with the plastic caps on them. My shower head was angled too much towards the back wall. I added an adjustable piece to point it straight down.
Attached Thumbnails
9B8D76C5-C35D-48D3-AEB7-1792B43760B1.jpg  
Old 12-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttlanders View Post
Just picked up my Greyhawk. Dealer said leak was from faulty p trap in shower. We will see. It leaked from under the shower but we had not ever used shower yet! First day we bought it! Hope they fixed it.
I don’t think a p trap will leak if never used. Although it should have water in it to keep the grey tank odors from coming in. Hope it’s fixed.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #15

My shower nobs leaked when I 1st got my 25r.
Took it in...they fixed nothing. Could see it dripping down the wall looking thru the access panel in the rear Dead Body Storage. And would leave a sizable puddle outside and in the shower tray
Removed the fixture inside the shower, simple as connection at fixture was looose

Since I've tried to fix any issues I've had
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 01:31 PM   #16

I will do what Stavman did after I get antifreeze out in spring! They said they pressurized it for 12 hrs with no leak. Maybe it splashed out of p trap but I don’t think so.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:43 AM   #17

So we are near the end of our trip, and I have made an appointment with the dealer when we get home.

As mentioned, I ran a bead of caulk around the shower pan. After the next shower, still had leak, but much less. Ran another layer of caulk, as much to clean up the bead, as it was to improve the seal. Next shower, almost no leak. After the next two showers, no leaks. I opened the hatch under the shower pan and laid some paper towel sheets along the wall under which the water had been leaking. It is still bone dry.

Now I'm torn about keeping the dealer appointment. Past experience, they will have it for days, if not weeks, before even getting it inside. Then, if they can't duplicate the leak, they can't fix anything anyway.

To find anything, I'm guessing they will need to pretty much R/R the shower doors and the enclosure. Worse, they might have to pull the pan out to get at the plumbing.

I'm not sure I want to go thru all that. Running a bead of caulk (even removing and replacing it) every once in awhile doesn't seem so bad.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #18

My 2018 Greyhawk 31fs shower does not have a p-trap it has a one way drain valve in it. This is what they have used for years because of the clearance issues under the shower.. So if your Dealer told you your p-trap was leaking he has been Smelling to many Black Tank vents and it has effected his brain or he is just Full of BS……..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:13 PM   #19

Florida Ranger, I do have a p trap! Just took cover off to see and they did put it back together but don’t know if that was my leak or not yet.
Old 03-20-2022, 03:19 PM   #20

So the unit has been in the shop since January. As I guessed, yhe shower pan I caulked had a crack. Waited weeks for a new pan. They let me know the day they finished that I should pick it up the next day.

Not so much. They called the next day they called and said the new pan cracked. They showed me some pictures. The original had cracked where the screws attached. The new cracked in 2 or 3 places around the night of the pan. They surmised the weight of the shower door and surround caused it to torque the pan and crack it.

Waited another several weeks for a new pan. Finally in but it's been over a week waiting my turn. The new pan supposedly has a taller lip, which should be helpful. The service tech also plans to somehow buttress the frame the pan sits on.

I sure hope 3rd times the charm. Spring is here and we already have opening day trips planned.