Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2022, 01:14 PM   #1

Fresh water system filling ?????

2002 Jayco Eagle Basement model, new to me. How do you fill and sanitize the fresh water system ? I've read the instruction that came with the RV but they are VERY confusing and valves in the book don't show up in real life. The Valve that has Fresh water intake and Fresh water tank fill and Normal are in positions that make no sense. Valve can be either set vertically or horizontally. At the top is marked Fresh water intake on the left and Fresh water tank fill on the right and at the bottom is marked "Normal" Pretty confusing ! Then at the water pump there are three valves, one is definitely a low point drain the other is on a line after a T going upwards and the third is on the RH outlet of the T. In the manual they talk about 3 valves A, B and C but don't mention the low point drain valve so in reality there are only 2 valves and I can't figure out how they need to be set when filling, sanitizing and emptying. All pretty confusing !!!!
Frank Condelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #2

Being a 2002, it is an older model and things have changed with the valve setups over the years. Can you post an image of your valves?

The 3 valves at the pump. What you are calling the low point drain is actually your winterizing port. Close the other two valves, and open this one, and you can draw RV antifreeze into your piping system.

As for sanitizing and filling the FW tank. Are you trying to use city water (aka garden hose) to fill the tank? Or are you trying to use the pump to draw water into the system?

If your using the pump to draw up the water you need removed the cone washer at the hose connection, and flipped it over so it is depressing on the check valve. The pump cannot overcome the pressure of the check valve spring.

A short section of hose is much better than a long section. Also having the jug of sanitizing solution elevated makes the pump work more efficiently.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:35 PM   #3

Thanks for taking the time to help me. I have taken some photos of the valves and the markings. I'm using a hose from a household water supply to fill the tank. I did manage to get the pump to siphon in a solution of Java and water to sanitize the system. Now I'm letting it sit overnight and tomorrow I will drain and refill the system. I still don't understand the three valves at the water pump. I cannot get a good photo of the three valves, they are way back behind the waterpump. The one you see in the second photo is from the T going to the right to I can't tell where. The others are one below the T which leads to an outside drain under the RV, the other is above the T.

Old 08-31-2022, 01:00 PM   #4

OK, thanks for all the help. I've got it all figured out now. Some of the labels on the panel seem to be in wrong place. Anyway, I've figured out how to sanitize, fill and empty the fresh water tank. It's a learning curve. The manual should be more clear.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Condelli View Post
The one you see in the second photo is from the T going to the right to I can't tell where. The others are one below the T which leads to an outside drain under the RV, the other is above the T.

Photos do not appear. Glad you figured it out though.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote