Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #41

is anyone happy?

My wife and I have a 2010 Jayco Eagle 30.5 5th wheel. We have spent a great deal of time in it since we retired in 2012 and we are very happy with it. I tow it with a 2nd gen Ram 2500 diesel. We have also made upgrades on the sinks, toilet and flooring. We really love the layout with the rear living room and mid entry location.
The thing about any rv these days is that they will require some work to get them in top shape. We purchased additional coverage when we bought thee unit and that has paid for itself in the ensuing years. Everything from the electric brakes to the leaf springs, oven and some electrical controls have had to be replaced. But even though it was a pain and took a lot of time to get completed I would not easily find a better replacement unit.
GDBurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #42

We had issues with the slide on ours right from the start. Got it repaired correctly and added some custom stuff --> Ceramic toilet, Maxxair automatic fan, light dimmers, loft ladder wood rungs, and a 3" Swedish topper on the bed.

After 7K miles on the road in 2020, we love our RH24B. It is the best home on the road for us. Next month I will take my wife for knee surgery to a very distant hospital in it. I will have a home to live in while she recuperates. I think these rigs have a lot of uses that we have only begun to dream up.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #43

Though an older model, our 2003 Jayco Greyhawk is going strong. From coast to coast, mountains, parks and boondocking! Very few issues. We have also owned a trailer and truck camper. No issues!
sullivanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #44

Purchased my 2016 28BHBE in October of 2015.
Been very happy with it. Only problem I have had is the hot water heater board went out while still under warranty. Got it fixed and no problems since.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #45

Yes and no. Yes to the house so far. It's doing exactly what I I expected kit to do. Really nothing wrong yet. What I wanted when I replaced my trailer was an easier set up, and being able to run the AC if I stopped on the road overnight where it was hot. I also got tired of having to move generators from the bed of the truck when were were boondocking. Mission accomplished.

The NO part comes from the handling. My truck and trailer were a dream to drive. They were matched so well. Not so much with the Class C. I have to add a lot of beefed up suspension parts to make it civilized.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #46

This is my third MH, second Jayco so I know what to expect. If I wasn't handy mechanically and electrically, I would be very unhappy with the unit. Taking every little problem back to the dealer just doesn't work. That's the nature of the beast and all the complaints posted to other users and the factory don't seem to go anywhere. I'd rather just fix the things I can and move on without the stress of dealing with customer support. It's been a great ride so far but being able to fix stuff yourself is a must.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #47

Unfortunately in these forums it seems easier for people to complain than to express positive opinions. I purchased (new) a 2012 Jayco motorhome. Used it for 8 years, but as a fair weather camper, not full time and in 8 years have had only a minor issue that was promptly fixed under warranty by a dealer other than the selling dealer. I only went to the dealer I did for the repairs because it was closer than where I made the purchase. I’m sure the selling dealer would have fixed it too. Sometime after my purchase, the Jayco brand was acquired by Thor, and I have no experience with them. If/when I am ready to purchase another RV I would not hesitate to consider another Jayco. Good luck and HAPPY CAMPING!
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #48

We are extremely happy with our 2107 23MRB. The layout with the murphy bed, slide out and large bathroom make it exceptionally comfortable for up to 4 people. It has a lot of storage space, a large closet in the bathroom, and enough room in the bathroom to comfortable dress if need be. The quality is very good, Jayco's warranty service was exceptional. For example, we had a roof edge where the plywood split and a hole the size of a quarter tore open. When they saw they damage, rather than patching the hole, which I expected, they replace the entire roof material.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
We are extremely happy with our 2107 23MRB. The layout with the murphy bed, slide out and large bathroom make it exceptionally comfortable for up to 4 people. It has a lot of storage space, a large closet in the bathroom, and enough room in the bathroom to comfortable dress if need be. The quality is very good, Jayco's warranty service was exceptional. For example, we had a roof edge where the plywood split and a hole the size of a quarter tore open. When they saw they damage, rather than patching the hole, which I expected, they replace the entire roof material.
First sentence....is this back to the future?(hehe)
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:58 AM   #50

I have a Jayco Seneca that has been a pain in my a**! Camped in it for 2 weeks total, and spend the rest of the time trying to fix it! So disappointed with the quality of workmanship!! Such low quality! Tried to trade it off, I would have to take a $50,000.00 hit because of all the stuff wrong! And I just bought it in March!
Cayugafarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #51

We have had our 2016 Greyhawk for over 4 years. Very happy with it. In the 52000 miles we have put on it, we have travelled around the entire US and stay in it 3 months during the winter. Most expensive repair has been replacement of the Mach AC last year. Other than that, i have done many smaller repairs. Nothing major. I keep it in a covered garage when not in use, keep up on caulking seams with Quad Caulk, dicor on the roof and other general maintenance. I wax it twice a year and change oil, and filters on the V10 and the Onan twice a year. We pull a 2016 Equinox behind it most of the time. Have had very few problems with it also. Hope to have many more years of enjoyment. I am retired so I have a lot of time to devote to it. Keeps me out of trouble.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:43 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayugafarmer View Post
I have a Jayco Seneca that has been a pain in my a**! Camped in it for 2 weeks total, and spend the rest of the time trying to fix it! So disappointed with the quality of workmanship!! Such low quality! Tried to trade it off, I would have to take a $50,000.00 hit because of all the stuff wrong! And I just bought it in March!
What are the problems you’re having? I bought mine in March as well.
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #53
Site Team

We purchased our 2011 Eagle 351RLTS new. We replaced the toilet with a Dometic. We had tire problems for the first several years.

No other problems otherwise not due to wear and tear.

We use ours a lot.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #54

I bought my Precept 31UL the day it was turned in to the dealer by someone (I wish I knew his name and phone number.) He took very good care of the 2016 coach and made notes on maintenance on the inside cover of the somewhat otherwise useless book that came with the Motorhome. There's lots of doccumentation of all the appliances in the Coach, which are all first class. The odometer showed 10 thousand miles. We bought from a quality dealer (Colton, in Syracuse, NY)., who gave us everything we asked for and delivered the coach to us spotlessly clean. I am 90 years old. I don't do my own repairs any more. I'm pleased to have found a truck repair place with a good RV trained mechanic. They make ownership possible at my age. I am totally dependent on them and they haven't failed me yet! The coach has all the loose wire connections detailed above. I've gone over those as much as I can. Otherwise it's a joy to own...whenever we look to see if the coach is equipped with something I'd like to have....sure enough, it's there! I am having the electric 50 Amp power cord wind up installed this year. But that's a high end extra most coaches do not come with. The extra J Ride lets 18 wheelers pass me....and I don't even know they are there! My previous coach was blown all over the road. I traded in my 2018 SOB that I bought new for this used 2016 Jayco Precept. The pandemic has held our use down. I hope we get the vaccine soon cause there's lots of places we are looking forward to going in our Precept.
SalzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #55

Glad to hear you got the Precept. Hoping you enjoy it.

We went all over the USA in our Redhawk 24B this year and used it as our quarantine home on the road. No problems as we gassed at the pump, ate in our own kitchen, slept in our own bed. We enjoyed the road and the views and stayed safe at the campsites we visited.

We don't plan to take any vaccine. We may come under scrutiny by others but be that as it may. I don't want to hijack this thread at all. Just voicing my opinion. You can be safe in our travels. That is why we have these beautiful road homes.

Life is good and we can all stay safe.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayugafarmer View Post
It would be nice if you would expand on the problems you have had. I have a 2020 Accolade and have had very few issues with it and we did over 6K miles in the first year.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:54 PM   #57

Had my 2016 Starcraft AR One 18QB for about 4 1/2 years, happy so far. Had to replace some stabilizer jacks and a waste tank blade valve a couple of months after purchase but that’s it.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:00 PM   #58

I've had plenty of problems with the MH but none I couldn't fix. However, I knew what to expect which wasn't much. I've had to take the chassis back to Ford a couple of times for the a problem oil gauge and light, but other than that I really like the MH. I actually enjoy modding and fixing the stuff that I can.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #59

Yes, 2018 Greyhawk 31fs,,,It fits our needs real good. Just me and my wife most of the time. When 3 Grandsons come along still have plenty of room. Remember if you own a RV you must be a Handyman or have lots of money to pay somebody else to make repairs...
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #60

I am very happy, I have a 38'Jayco Designer
Dawn3 is offline   Reply With Quote