Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #1

Main keeps shutting off

We have our Greyhawk plugged into regular 120 power (Keep house battery charged) and have set the RV to 15amp we tried 30 and thought that was the issue but things are the same. Everything is turned off but works when we test. Every few days the main breaker (red light by door) trips, we disconnect power and reconnect. Why is this happening. Our dealer is still closed for Covid and I need to sound a little more knowledge when I call Jayco. Thanks all
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #2

The switch/red light by the door is not a breaker. It is the battery disconnect switch. Normal use of the switch would be to briefly push it in (don't hold in) and let go. You will probably hear a big relay click and the red light should go off. Pressing it again reconnects the relay and the battery.

If it is shutting off on its own, the battery disconnect relay may be bad. Before I would replace that I would make sure all wiring connections at the relay were perfect. I assume that a connection is tied into chassis ground and would make sure it has a good clean solid connection to the frame.

The relay is probably located in the house battery area.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:40 AM   #3

Main switch

Update. Well dealer has had unit for few weeks, replaced cylinoid, main switch, replaced board for step, replaced chip in GPS, fixed broken ground, all other issues have been blamed on low power as 3 chambers of battery not working. Apparently they have fixed the battery and it’s issues were caused by things they have replaced. They will not replace battery as it’s out of warranty however these issues started well under warranty and after they fixed inverter. This is an issue I will take up with Jayco (Plus where all these ground wires are) but going forward hopefully everything works.
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote