Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2020, 12:49 PM   #21

Great dealer in Ohio

We have had a great experience with Jim’s Trailer Sales in Grafton, Ohio. Just west and slightly south of Cleveland. Great price. I have only had a couple of minor issues which they took care of the first time. Family run business, excellent service manager.
BuckeyeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #22

What a question! I am from Tampa, Fl. I bought my first RV from Tampa RV, now called RV One. One of the biggest dealer in the area with multiple locations around the country. The point is, if you find a good salesperson, that's is the key!
Regardless the product your are buying, the key is to find that person that is going to help you finding what you want.
After that, is another story. If you need service, good luck! All the dealers are the same. Specially now when they are selling more than before and service department is behind for more than a month.
Good luck and have fun!
Hman0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:32 PM   #23

Frankly, I would be less concerned about the sales side, and focus on the service side. The sales is a one-time interaction, the service is ongoing for warranty work, etc. Bad service interactions can result in ongoing frustration and extended time for issue resolution.

As far as CW - I am one that would suggest you avoid them entirely. The amount of sheer incompetence I have experienced related with them related to service items has been astounding. Other friends with RV's have had similar experiences with CW.

When I purchased from a local independent dealer, the service experience was VASTLY superior.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:41 PM   #24

we had good interaction with NIRV. already know a fair amount having had a class c before.Nothing in RV is ever perfect but
the interactions have been straightforward, timely response and answer my calls even after purchase. Logan Joy in phoenix was our first contact person.
goldtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGV View Post
We're thinking of purchasing the newest Jayco Greyhawk, but friends and the internet are warning us away from the local Camping World dealer to which Jayco referred us. Everything I've heard and read about Camping World as a whole is shockingly bad and reading the reviews for the local dealership, they look shady as heck. I called Jayco and asked for a comprehensive list of dealers so I could research, but they aren't calling me back. That alone is actually making me question if I want to stick with my Jayco decision after all.

I'm looking for Dealer advice.

I don't want to play buying games; I have the means and desire to own this RV and I know more or less what I should expect to pay, (and what I'll lose driving off the lot), and what I should be receiving for my money. I expect whomever I purchase the RV from to under promise and over deliver. I expect that if a new RV has failure(s) that I'm not going to be given the run around. And, I expect that anyone I hand that much money to has good values and ethics which are reflected throughout their company, from front to back. Not getting that vibe from CW.

Would be grateful to hear your experiences and learn from the wisdom of those who've gone before me. Thanks!

-V
Planet Earth
I just purchased a 2021 Jayco Eagle TT RSTS from Rhones RV located in Cogan Station PA. My salesman was Guy Snyder and I cant say enough good things about my experience with him and the dealership. I traveled about 3hrs from my home to purchase the RV in another state because of the price I paid as well as Guy bending over backwards to assist me and answer all my question and needs. Thumbs up A++ Rhones!
JohnyUtah324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #26

I'm sure there are great CW's out there, but I assure you there is at least one I'd never go to again, that being CW of New Port Richey in Holiday, FL.

My recent experience there was not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSA75 View Post
I don't know anything about the CW location you're referring to and neither does anybody else on this forum as there are a lot CWs on Earth.

We purchased our camper from CW in Kansas City and couldn't be happier. The salesperson we dealt with was straightforward throughout the buying process. I think CW bashing is just pastime for a lot of folks, many of whom have never set foot on a CW lot.

We're I you, I would go to the dealership in question and see how it goes. I'm confident you can get a feeling one way or the other.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #27

you don't mention what area you are from but i had great luck with Haylett Rv in Coldwater, MI they post a lot o videos on youtube. Check out Josh the RV nerd
GoldenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to 2KOOL4U Send a message via Skype™ to 2KOOL4U
Camping world is big dealer But is bad with customer service. When you buy a rig And you have a problem And finally get them on the phone Their 1st question is WHO'S THIS Then you know you're screwed Stay Away from camping world
2KOOL4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:52 PM   #29

Cunningham Campers and RV
Clarksville, IN
MacBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #30

Good dealer

Quote:
We're thinking of purchasing the newest Jayco Greyhawk, but friends and the internet are warning us away from the local Camping World dealer to which Jayco referred us. Everything I've heard and read about Camping World as a whole is shockingly bad and reading the reviews for the local dealership, they look shady as heck. I called Jayco and asked for a comprehensive list of dealers so I could research, but they aren't calling me back. That alone is actually making me question if I want to stick with my Jayco decision after all.

I don't want to play buying games; I have the means and desire to own this RV and I know more or less what I should expect to pay, (and what I'll lose driving off the lot), and what I should be receiving for my money. I expect whomever I purchase the RV from to under promise and over deliver. I expect that if a new RV has failure(s) that I'm not going to be given the run around. And, I expect that anyone I hand that much money to has good values and ethics which are reflected throughout their company, from front to back. Not getting that vibe from CW.

Would be grateful to hear your experiences and learn from the wisdom of those who've gone before me. Thanks!

-V
Planet Earth

Good luck finding a good reputable dealer. I bought my Jayco Precept a few months ago and when I was looking, Richardson’s RV couldn’t be nicer or more helpful. Then after we bought, they basically ignore us. Anything I tried to get fixed before we took the RV was like pulling teeth. I was even told “ after all, there is no such thing as a perfect Motorhome.”
So now we’ve had it out a few times and have a list of about 15 things for repair. Made an appointment a month out and was told I would need to leave it there for 4 to 6 weeks for repair. REALLY!!!!
Up front the dealer will be great, but once it’s yours, Good Luck.
m16303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #31

We have been very happy with our dealer in western Maine. We will go back to them
Earth is a big spot. Were you in CA you would not want to come back to ME for service.

Is this a real question?

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #32

Stay away from Camping World !!!! Problem is there are few reputable Jayco Dealerships. Tech's are few so the Dealerships struggle with employee retention. Jayco as a company does not support their Dealership.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 05:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
Cunningham Campers and RV
Clarksville, IN
One of the few "JAYCO EXCLUSIVE" dealers.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #34

Man, you Maine people have it all! Hahaha, I can say that cause I have family from there.
It’s true. California is so big, most dealers don’t care. Maine, people still have a heart there!
Old 09-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16303 View Post
Man, you Maine people have it all! Hahaha, I can say that cause I have family from there.
It’s true. California is so big, most dealers don’t care. Maine, people still have a heart there!

Maybe it's cause we don't have a Camping World?

We don't have a Red Lobster either. Nor a Sonic. There are commercials on TV that I just don't relate to!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 09-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #36

Quote:

-V
Planet Earth
We Bought our Jayco Eagle in October 2019 at Camping World in Hilsborough, OR. Our home is in N California so we use Camping World in Redding, Ca for our service. They have been phenomenal . We’ve had two issues, both with the inverter when we had a brown out. They fixed these issues and also a couple of tweeks when we first bought it. So far, I couldn’t be happier.
Tvpimentel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:01 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post

Maybe it's cause we don't have a Camping World?

We don't have a Red Lobster either. Nor a Sonic. There are commercials on TV that I just don't relate to!
You may not have Red Lobster, but you do have the BEST Maine Lobster!!!
I’m so jealous. Hehe.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #38

Some have been very happy with their CW experience. I had a bad vibe when I went to the one just over the NH border and also another that tried to tell us we needed not only a new toilet but a new black tank and leave it for three months ( we were on a trip to FL). We came home to our indy dealer and the installed the new toilet and said the tank was fine. Two hours. Same day service.

I don't know the CW business model but is it not a franchise operation where the franchisee determines the level of service you get?

m16303. Sadly the lobster market needs support. Hence we have to eat it once a week or more. State Law during the pandemic

well almost. It is cheaper than burger now.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2016 195 RB traded in
Old 09-23-2020, 06:33 PM   #39

And have been for years. Their customer service is impeccable and don’t stop until any problem is fixed.
MacBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
I've had dealings with several CW dealers for myself and friends and I have never had a good experience. I would never buy from them based on my past history. While there may be a good one here or there, that does not appear to be the norm.
I still await the day someone shares where that dealer is... We will need to take our Seneca in sometime to redeem our $5k extended warranty.. I need to know where it is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaM3 View Post
Frankly, I would be less concerned about the sales side, and focus on the service side. The sales is a one-time interaction, the service is ongoing for warranty work, etc. Bad service interactions can result in ongoing frustration and extended time for issue resolution.

As far as CW - I am one that would suggest you avoid them entirely. The amount of sheer incompetence I have experienced related with them related to service items has been astounding. Other friends with RV's have had similar experiences with CW.

When I purchased from a local independent dealer, the service experience was VASTLY superior.
We continue to use independent mobile RV service people to do our service... Much better than leaving your rig for months at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I'm sure there are great CW's out there, but I assure you there is at least one I'd never go to again, that being CW of New Port Richey in Holiday, FL.

My recent experience there was not good.
Our experience too!... and the CW in Orlando!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16303 View Post
Good luck finding a good reputable dealer. I bought my Jayco Precept a few months ago and when I was looking, Richardson’s RV couldn’t be nicer or more helpful. Then after we bought, they basically ignore us. Anything I tried to get fixed before we took the RV was like pulling teeth. I was even told “ after all, there is no such thing as a perfect Motorhome.”
So now we’ve had it out a few times and have a list of about 15 things for repair. Made an appointment a month out and was told I would need to leave it there for 4 to 6 weeks for repair. REALLY!!!!
Up front the dealer will be great, but once it’s yours, Good Luck.
4-6 weeks was a good time frame in 2019-2016. Now they want 5 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgelyhome View Post
Stay away from Camping World !!!! Problem is there are few reputable Jayco Dealerships. Tech's are few so the Dealerships struggle with employee retention. Jayco as a company does not support their Dealership.
Agree... Factor into your purchase price the cost of doing much of the repairs on your own. Dealers charge you for every visit.. and keep your rig for long periods of time. An independent dealer is not tied to the Jayco-Warranty - parts delay program. they will find the part and fix it for you... you just need to be ready to pay for it - like cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvpimentel View Post
We Bought our Jayco Eagle in October 2019 at Camping World in Hilsborough, OR. Our home is in N California so we use Camping World in Redding, Ca for our service. They have been phenomenal . We’ve had two issues, both with the inverter when we had a brown out. They fixed these issues and also a couple of tweeks when we first bought it. So far, I couldn’t be happier.
Please post the rest of this dealers info... we just might head that way!!!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote