Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2021, 04:37 AM   #41

Wow.
bluztoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:16 PM   #42

That's the glue coming up through the vinyl. Only fix is replacing it. I posted about this last year. More and more folks are complaining about the floor. I had mine replaced. it took dealer in Florida 77 days to get it done. Came out good. Jayco is well aware of the problem. This was on my 2020 Odyssey.
Hopefully it doesn't happen on the new Esteem we are picking up this Friday
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:07 AM   #43

Congrats on the new Esteem! If you don’t mind me asking, what was the reason for the upgrade so soon?
Fork in the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #44

Thanks,
We always had a 30 to 37 ft Class A and thought the 24B Class C would be just right to travel back and forth to Florida with, especially since we did not need to tow anything. And it was a great unit for driving, parking, and getting around gas pumps. But in the end I guess we just missed the extra room and not having to put a slide out to get on the bed.
We started with a small Class C many years ago but I guess those days are gone. When we are parked for a night or two, or three, we just enjoy the extra space over the convenience of getting around gas pumps. Also we negotiated a good price for the new unit and got a decent price for our 2020, that helped.
Only issue now is, the 2022 has the same looking vinyl floor and we will be starring at it for the next two years.
Jim
Old 07-29-2021, 03:16 PM   #45

Makes sense. Hopefully Jayco has learned their lesson and changed their adhesive. Enjoy the new rig!
Old 08-07-2021, 12:52 PM   #46

We have orange spots which have multiplied and now a screw coming up on our 2019 Greyhawk. Have asked Jayco but we are just out of warranty (hoping they will come through) What did you do to fix this, screw is biggest worry as it’s right when you step in.
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 01:02 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
We have orange spots which have multiplied and now a screw coming up on our 2019 Greyhawk. Have asked Jayco but we are just out of warranty (hoping they will come through) What did you do to fix this, screw is biggest worry as it’s right when you step in.
When I spoke with Jayco, they told me that sometimes they will cover some things up to 6 months beyond the warranty period. I would think that in order to retain good standing within the RV community that they would take care of your floor issue since it has become such a common problem. You may also want to consider how Covid has made it very difficult to get an appointment, which could have impacted your ability to have it taken care of sooner.
Old 08-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #48

Thanks, yes with our dealer closed for 5 months of warranty is extended for this period I notified Jayco under warranty. Let’s hope because they have been 100% behind their product so far and we choose Jayco because if their 2 year warranty.
Old 08-07-2021, 05:15 PM   #49

Floor

Maybe all the old glue was not removed.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #50

Rust spots. Our dealer has stalled us for several months and now tells us they have no clue what to do. Jayco has given us a firm deadline for repair, I have called emailed many places including other dealers of high end coach’s and no one wants to touch this. We are in Canada and don’t have the resources of many USA companies. This is a Jayco issue can I make them fix it at their factory??
Old 10-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
Rust spots. Our dealer has stalled us for several months and now tells us they have no clue what to do. Jayco has given us a firm deadline for repair, I have called emailed many places including other dealers of high end coach’s and no one wants to touch this. We are in Canada and don’t have the resources of many USA companies. This is a Jayco issue can I make them fix it at their factory??
It might be worth the trip. I am surprised to hear that there are no dealers willing to help. I would imagine that they would receive a pretty hefty reimbursement from Jayco for the job. After all, most dealers are all about the money. I would do whatever it takes to address the problem since those spots could significantly impact your resale value down the road. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:14 PM   #52

Can I ask what they offered you in cash instead of replacing? Thanks
cegates01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #53

No cash, they seem to have had experience with this issue ����*♂️ We are ��that the finished product is as good as new.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:26 PM   #54

yellow floor

Jayco offered me 200.00, called it rug money. Never acknowledged what it was.

Floor looked good
after replacement.
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 11-30-2022, 03:02 PM   #55

Floor replacement in my 29V

Well after replacing the floor under warranty in the 2020 Odyssey I sold it the next Spring

Now the 2022 29V has the same problem with the same floor, glue coming up thru the vinyl.

I just had, (November 2022), the floor replaced in the new one under warranty.

Eagles Pride RV service in Titusville Fl did the removal and install and did a fantastic job. Everything looks great.
Jayco did agree to send me a different floor also. The new floor is a darker color and matches better that the first one. The entire job took just over a week.

Now just a few more items to fix.... Door latch dead bolt doesn't return, energy management controller shows 'No Service' but everything works ok, awning sticks on opening, and can't seem to get cable to work on fire TV.

Other than that, we love the coach.
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 11-30-2022, 06:39 PM   #56

Regarding power management system. See if the phone cable is plugged into the actual system. Had the same issue after service. Took it to Camping World. They replaced the panel yet still showed no service. Contacted manufacturer and did trouble shoot. Camping World didn't even check to see if the cable was plugged in. Did and it worked perfectly.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:10 PM   #57

Power management system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_in_WA View Post
Regarding power management system. See if the phone cable is plugged into the actual system. Had the same issue after service. Took it to Camping World. They replaced the panel yet still showed no service. Contacted manufacturer and did trouble shoot. Camping World didn't even check to see if the cable was plugged in. Did and it worked perfectly.
Where is the phone cable ?

Mine did come back to life. After they replaced the floor they parked it with the power switch off. When I picked it up and brought it home, turned on the power switch and the display was normal. I think it was reset.
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
Old 11-30-2022, 07:24 PM   #58

The actual control module is located under the center wardrobe in my 30XP master bedroom. Unscrewed the grill and looked and voila the phone cable (RJ11) plugged into the side of the module.
Jim_in_WA is offline   Reply With Quote