Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #41

knock on wood I have not had a problem with my swintek slide on the kichen of our 2016 Pinnacle FBTS , but I did check and my slide supports are bending, we have the gas/ electric fridge. I called my dealer today and he was going to call Jayco.

gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:41 AM   #42
DAD

the controller is under half bath vanity

DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
the controller is under half bath vanity
Thanks Dad, we did find it just where you described. It is certainly not easy to access. I can't fit under so my poor wife had to crawl in.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #44

If you take the cover off it is a lot easier to see and access the reset button!! 4 little black screws and viola!
Old 06-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlakes View Post
If you take the cover off it is a lot easier to see and access the reset button!! 4 little black screws and viola!
Thanks for the tip Fingerlakes. Will have to try that next time.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:53 PM   #46

I have a 2015 Jayco 4212 with 2 Schwintek slides. The small bedroom slide has no problem. The large slide with fridge has been a PAIN since day 1 and that seems to be true for all the large Schwintek slides even other Manufacturer's according to what I've read. Mine has been in the shop for 4 month's. They told me 2 weeks ago it was ready I went and had them work slide in and out well it worked once and jammed. Spoke to them today still waiting on parts. My gut is telling me its 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag and it's contantly going to be broken. If and when I get it back and it breaks again I will take it back to the Jayco Factory.
lancesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancesr View Post
I have a 2015 Jayco 4212 with 2 Schwintek slides. The small bedroom slide has no problem. The large slide with fridge has been a PAIN since day 1 and that seems to be true for all the large Schwintek slides even other Manufacturer's according to what I've read. Mine has been in the shop for 4 month's. They told me 2 weeks ago it was ready I went and had them work slide in and out well it worked once and jammed. Spoke to them today still waiting on parts. My gut is telling me its 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag and it's contantly going to be broken. If and when I get it back and it breaks again I will take it back to the Jayco Factory.
Jayco service in Middlebury is now booked thru October 2016, I just checked.
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205455480_iOS.jpg  
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:15 PM   #48

Yes My 2015 4212 Slide looked the same. Unfortunately using the SCHWINTEK on a slide this heavy is exceeding the weight limits of the SCHWINTEK mechanism. So unless they are reducing the vertical weight load applied to the SCHWINTEK mechanism ( adding rollers will not ) the problem will keep re-occuring as it has. All RV manufactures that use this SCHWINTEK mechanism on a large slide are experiencing the same issue. Some have done the right thing and retrofitted with the proper slide Mech that handles that size slide but as of yet JAYCO has not. SCHWINTEK has released a new slide that is being used on large slides now.It has 2 rails on top and 1 on bottom. This is probably the only remedy that will permanently fix our issue.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #49

We have a 2016 Designer with the same slides. Our kitchen slide (with residential fridge) will come in a little, stop, come in a little more, stop, it will do this at least 3 or 4 times before the slide is all the way in. I just wonder how many times it will do this before it totally quits working. Has any one tried the new motors yet? Are they any better? Thank goodness we have a two year warranty.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #50

Any RV Manufacturer that is using The SCHWINTEK on a large slide is having repetitive issue's. What happens after 2 year's. My Unit been in shop 4 Months with a 2 month wait to get in the shop. 1|4 of my warranty is gone with no RV usage. If the problem was fixed I wouldn't care but Jayco is just putting out fires waiting for the warranty to expire. Try and trade our RV (lemon) in when no one wants a SCHWINTEK slide. I no my next unit won't have a SCHWINTEK slide.

Tags
schwin