Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2018, 07:02 AM   #21

Another critique is that the thermostats suck. They are cheap, with a little bitty manual slider to set the temp. I plan to replace the one in the hallway with a simple digital one if I can. There’s a recent post on this subject elsewhere on the forum which points to the Honeywell TH5110D1006, which is $40 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkashire View Post
Great review. We brought home our new 30.5MBOK just 2 months ago. We took it on one cold trip to Texas hill country over new years. It's been parked at home since then. Here is the issue -- wondering if anyone has seen something similar. The wall between kitchen and bunk room has begun bowing in toward the bunk room. Not enough to obstruct the bunk room slide, but clearly not normal movement. It is also not something you can push back in place. I'll be taking it back to dealer in March after spring break Galveston trip. Hopefully it won't get worse.
Apparently this problem with the bunk room wall has showed up in a couple of 30.5's. Have they said what the problem is?
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
You are correct, there is not a dedicated pantry., which would be nice. There are plenty of cupboards though and my wife (who packs a LOT!) has had no trouble finding space for it all. We use lots of little baskets everywhere. I actually would rather have a slightly larger fridge than a pantry. We tote a cooler with us for more space, and I would rather not have to bother with that. I guess the trade off is the length of the trailer. It’s nice to be 37’ versus over 40’ on any similar floor plan I’ve seen.

We’re trying to decide still between this unit and a Talon. We would order without the fireplace, and that would be extra pantry space for us. We’re not really “toy” people, but using the garage as a bunk room(5kids) is very appealing.

2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 05:02 PM   #24

L-shaped dinette seats 4?

@Wire Does the L-shaped dinette seat four for a meal ok? From pictures it looks like it would only seat three comfortably.
Each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Each View Post
@Wire Does the L-shaped dinette seat four for a meal ok? From pictures it looks like it would only seat three comfortably.

Three people comfortably on the built in seats (although our four kids do it all the time with no problem, but they are 11 and under). But with some fold out chairs we can do six people with no problem.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
Another critique is that the thermostats suck. They are cheap, with a little bitty manual slider to set the temp. I plan to replace the one in the hallway with a simple digital one if I can. There’s a recent post on this subject elsewhere on the forum which points to the Honeywell TH5110D1006, which is $40 on Amazon.

I would recommend the Coleman Mach digital thermostat (can be purchased via Amazon.com). Replaced both in my 29.5BHOK and sold the cheap manual ones on eBay.

2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOnFire View Post
I would recommend the Coleman Mach digital thermostat (can be purchased via Amazon.com). Replaced both in my 29.5BHOK and sold the cheap manual ones on eBay.

Hey thanks! That’s exactly what I needed to know