Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #21
Lost in the Woods

OK, here's weird question. For those of you that are using the wand, what do you use as the actual water source for it? Are you dragging your water line in from outside and back to the toilet? Or, tapping into the faucet in the bathroom? Something else?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #22

Hose from the faucet outside
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #23
Site Team

Same here. One of those orange ones, 25' long, from the CG faucet. Hooked up without a pressure regulator or filter so I get the best pressure.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:47 PM   #24

I wrote a longer reply trying to be humorous - but here's the thing. Sometimes when it gets really stuck you need to come up from the bottom. I have seen that where a black drain was left open. That meant the "sludge" stayed in the tank and all the fluids drained out regularly. Let it dry for a couple of days and you get the idea. You use one of those attachments for the end of your black pipe where you can push water up. They're on Amazon and worth the $30 to have. Otherwise I use the internal rinser and it works fine.
Old 02-19-2022, 10:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluztoo View Post
I wrote a longer reply trying to be humorous - but here's the thing. Sometimes when it gets really stuck you need to come up from the bottom. I have seen that where a black drain was left open. That meant the "sludge" stayed in the tank and all the fluids drained out regularly. Let it dry for a couple of days and you get the idea. You use one of those attachments for the end of your black pipe where you can push water up. They're on Amazon and worth the $30 to have. Otherwise I use the internal rinser and it works fine.
The PooPyramid!!!
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #26

My Wildcat isn't a straight shot to the tank....so while running the black tank rinser I will fill the toilet three times all the way to the top using the foot pedal to fill the bowl, then flush it and hold it open for several seconds while the water continues to run in the bowl.

I found this in combination with the black tank rinse works well on my rig.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
I will fill the toilet three times all the way to the top using the foot pedal to fill the bowl, then flush it and hold it open for several seconds while the water continues to run in the bowl.

I am glad I'm not the only one who finds this approach useful. In fact, I don't even bother with the rinser if I'm using a dump station, just three "power flushes" and we're off.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
My Wildcat isn't a straight shot to the tank....so while running the black tank rinser I will fill the toilet three times all the way to the top using the foot pedal to fill the bowl, then flush it and hold it open for several seconds while the water continues to run in the bowl.

Same here for this method. In addition, my black tank is more towards the forward end of my camper and the drain is near the middle of the camper so I hoist the forward jacks several inches to help "lean" the black tank downstream. I have dumped with the camper when it was "level" and thought that the black tank was clean and just to see what bringing the front jacks up would do, it was found to still be dirty. Since then, I always lift the front jacks (when possible) as my standard wash procedure.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel
B&W 25K Companion hitch for factory puck system
Siberian Husky- Annabelle, Pomeranian- Brees
Powerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Yeah, it's a crap shoot. (sorry)

After we dump the black (with the flush running) we close the valve with the flush still running and wait 5 min. (we know we can go 7 min but don't push it). Then we pull the valve to dump again and see lots of flotsam and jetsom still fly by. Then we do it again. By then the water is clear and only occasionally to we see a bit of TP fly by.

Seems to work with no drama.

Angus
I also flush with the dump valve closed. I don't time it as water pressure / flow is different at every campground. I do however have a rule that I will not under any circumstances walk away from the dump valve for any reason while doing this. I will not allow myself to be distracted by anyone or anything.
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Just curious why you want it to be so clean? Are you converting it to a dining room table, or will you still poop in it tomorrow?

I drain my black tank when its full. If I have time or a full hookup site, I will usually flush it for a minute or two. I don't get bent out of shape about it, its a sewage holding tank, not a food prep area. If your vent is properly installed and you are draining it correctly, you shouldn't have any odor issues. What is the point in getting it "so much cleaner"?
I agree. As long as a tp teepee doesn't develop I'm fine.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:19 PM   #31

I have had the same questions as you. The following link may help and perhaps bring some clarity to what, where and how. Good luck.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...2_Install_.pdf
DriverNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:15 PM   #32

I always park/store with clear water added to the BW tank after dumping. Later on, the tank will get some road agitation, before going into service.....