Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-24-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Collierville
Posts: 3
Hot water heater malfunction

I have a Jayco Pinnacle 2021 with a Fogatti instant water heater. I have it set to hot water with electricity on my command panel inside the camper It will attempt to start when I turn on the hot water but after a couple of tries it shows an error code of E1. When I change it to hot water with propane it functions properly. There is obviously some kind of electrical issue but I canít figure it out. Has anyone experienced this? I hope to repair it myself as opposed to taking in for a service call and not being able to use it or several months due to service backlog.
Smokey1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:55 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey1979 View Post
I have a Jayco Pinnacle 2021 with a Fogatti instant water heater. I have it set to hot water with electricity on my command panel inside the camper It will attempt to start when I turn on the hot water but after a couple of tries it shows an error code of E1. When I change it to hot water with propane it functions properly. There is obviously some kind of electrical issue but I canít figure it out. Has anyone experienced this? I hope to repair it myself as opposed to taking in for a service call and not being able to use it or several months due to service backlog.
We have the same heater and a '21 Pinnacle. I do not believe the heater works of electricity but gas only. The E1 code says "ignition Failure, no ignition. Please check whether the gas is supplied normally and check it before use". The manual tells you it is an RV instantaneous gas water heater. I believe the controls within JayCommand you refer to are generic to the panel, we have it as well, and may or may not be applicable depending on equipment installed. My wife seems to remember this point from the PDI this past August.
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:15 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Collierville
Posts: 3
Mine does operate on both gas and electricity. I was using the electric setting exclusively until I got it back from the dealer on a ice maker issue and now the electric wonít ignite. It works properly on gas but error code E1 which is indicative of ignition failure. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Smokey
Smokey1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:26 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey1979 View Post
Mine does operate on both gas and electricity. I was using the electric setting exclusively until I got it back from the dealer on a ice maker issue and now the electric wonít ignite. It works properly on gas but error code E1 which is indicative of ignition failure. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Smokey
The igniter is electric, and its automatic. As the E1 error code indicates, you need gas for the igniter to ignite. Right after the ignition failure on the E1 code it tells you to check for gas being supplied and nothing about checking the igniter or anything electrical, hence why no ignition. I have not tried using the setting on JayCommand and not sure it is connected to anything in our case. Have you tried using the electric setting but leave the gas on? I bet it probably works then. The manual clearly states it is an instantaneous GAS hot water heater. That is the only way it works and why when you turn on the gas the igniter works as it should and you have hot water.
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:31 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey1979 View Post
Mine does operate on both gas and electricity. I was using the electric setting exclusively until I got it back from the dealer on a ice maker issue and now the electric wonít ignite. It works properly on gas but error code E1 which is indicative of ignition failure. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Smokey
Sorry, just read the post again. You can't have ignition failure and hot water. The ignition is needed to fire the gas. Is the code there if running it strictly from the water heater panel on the wall? be sure to turn off the "electric" setting on Jaycommand
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:29 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Collierville
Posts: 3
Hey Jetlag,

You were spot on when you suggested to turn the gas on to use the electric hot water. I turned on valve and boom, it came right on. Thank you very much for your suggestion and your time. I hope to return the favor if possible.
Smokey1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jetlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Vanceboro
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey1979 View Post
Hey Jetlag,

You were spot on when you suggested to turn the gas on to use the electric hot water. I turned on valve and boom, it came right on. Thank you very much for your suggestion and your time. I hope to return the favor if possible.
My pleasure, glad to have helped. You can turn off the electric heat button on the JayCommand and simply use the hot water heater panel on the wall. Turn the power on to the panel, set your preferred hot water temp in either Fahrenheit or centigrade and forget about it. it is neat to watch the swirling blue lights whenever you run hot water in the kitchen.
__________________
2021 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.