Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2022, 06:58 AM   #21

Plain and simple, it's a bad design. Could the flap be 'shortened' to keep it from contacting the island? I imagine it'll eventually fall back to place in the heat but I agree, that shouldn't happen.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:20 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadpop View Post
We have a ‘21 RLOK and have the same issue. The flap on the slide curls up at both ends. Attached is a picture near the door where the slide out butts into the island when closed. The other end curls up as well but it doesn’t hit anything when closed so I can’t explain that end. It lays flat in the middle of the slide so it has me baffled.
The dealer “fixed” a couple of gouges in the floor by heating it and manipulating while soft, so I’m hopeful that my solution will work. I’m thinking of putting a heat gun to it to see if it will relax the vinyl and then taping it down for a couple of weeks to see if I can train it. Will be late March/early April before I get a chance to do that. Will update then
Ours does the same thing on the edge by fridge. But as the temperatures stay warm it will relax and stay down. It only happens on the shortest end from the Island.
Our Island does have a recessed toe kick. But it still hits and causes it to curl. I did not like it at first but if it was cut shorter it would not fit right when slide was open.
Toolguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 PM   #23

Yes, it doesn’t work either. I talked to Jayco service and they said it should relax after the trailer warms up. Cover it with a rug so you don’t trip over it.
Quigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:45 AM   #24

Would it be possible to have it fold down when the slide comes in so the the curl presses to the floor instead of up?
Wowens79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:43 AM   #25

Yes we have tried that also but it is a warped like curl.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:51 AM   #26

The curling up is causing tripping. I did buy a 12 ‘ runner and leave on it for a week. Once you pull that rug up it is flat for at least 24 hours and then it starts growing back up again. Glad it doesn’t bother you but it doesn’t mean when you spend $60,000 you think you’re getting at least some good quality
Old 04-05-2022, 06:53 AM   #27

I Purchased a runner that covers the entire length of where the floor is crawling up it seems to have helped.
Old 10-29-2022, 07:57 PM   #28

I have a 21 RLOK having the same issue.

Reaching out to dealer next week.
Attached Thumbnails
1650D6BD-7273-42C7-9DF8-A9618C90967B.jpg   D39A975A-AC38-4E75-A984-E4F0E662A3BA.jpg  
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:56 PM   #29

That is exactly what ours looks like. At first it was just at each end, but now goes the entire length of the slide. Even after the slide opened for a 2 week stint you would think gravity would take over but it curls up more. Would be interested to hear what your dealer says. Our trailer is going to dealer the day after Thanksgiving and I’ll have to see what they say. UGH!!!
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:02 AM   #30

Ours is at the dealer for warranty work. Dropped it off this past Monday morning. We have similar issue as you all do, and I mentioned it to the shop manager. He would replace it but said it will come right back. We have gotten used to it mostly and pretend it is not there, until you trip of course.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:19 AM   #31

I like the look of that much better than my carpet, but it seems the carpet is much more resilient and straightens out after just after the slide opens.

I know my carpet bunches up against the island when the slide is in. I assume that’s what’s going on here as well. Wonder if they can’t stiffen that a little or cut it back a hair so it doesn’t fold up on the island but still overlaps the floor a little. Or maybe something on the island edges that guides the overlapping floor down flat as the slide comes in.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:24 PM   #32

Following this thread closely because I'm getting ready to remove the carpet in my (s.o.b.) 5th wheel and install linolium bought from the dealer that has the edge of the linolium sewn along the part that goes up against the island. I'm hoping the sewn edge will prevent or limit the curling problem. I bet someone here will get this problem figured out and then post back. I like the post where they're going to try tape. Maybe carpet tape or some kind of tape that is somewhat heavy to keep it down?
440 scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #33

We also have this problem with our vinyl curling up. It’s a safety hazard for sure and a bad design on Jayco’s part. We have a 2022 33 ft Jayco Eagle HT. I was looking for solutions on this site but seems there aren’t any yet.
Merrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 11:57 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrysmom View Post
We also have this problem with our vinyl curling up. It’s a safety hazard for sure and a bad design on Jayco’s part. We have a 2022 33 ft Jayco Eagle HT. I was looking for solutions on this site but seems there aren’t any yet.
My other camper is a 5th wheel made by Grand Design so I checked on the Grand Design forum and there were several people that mentioned their linolium curls up against the island when the slide is in but they all said that the curling goes away and flattens shortly after the slide goes back out. There may be some kind of continous lead weight inside that sewn up edge. I will find out when the linolium arrives at the dealer next week and I will post back here to let you know.
Old 11-19-2022, 08:52 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440 scout View Post
My other camper is a 5th wheel made by Grand Design so I checked on the Grand Design forum and there were several people that mentioned their linolium curls up against the island when the slide is in but they all said that the curling goes away and flattens shortly after the slide goes back out. There may be some kind of continous lead weight inside that sewn up edge. I will find out when the linolium arrives at the dealer next week and I will post back here to let you know.
My corners are curling...it does not touch the island when it goes in....that is not the problem in my case.

I'm thinking about some stiff protective tape on the back side to make it stiffer....I have the tape...just need to try it.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
We have a Jayco fifth wheel that the flooring is curling up where the slide meets the island. We’ve had it in to Johnny Walker’s RV three times and still nothing has been done. We’ve contacted Jayco service manager and supposedly the new linoleum has been ordered. Has anybody else had this problem of the linoleum curling where it meets the center island? I will keep everyone posted for an update. Very frustrating to pay $60,000 for a 5th wheel to have had so many issues.
We have the exact same problem with our vinyl flooring. It curls up like yours when pulled in and against the center island, but it also stays curled up when the slide is out! It is located right under the two lounge chairs and the dining table which is quite a tripping hazard. Seems from reading these threads there is no solution so far.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:51 AM   #37

Your picture is exactly what ours looks like!
Old 11-19-2022, 11:27 PM   #38

Tile paste. SOLVED
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:47 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edutron View Post
Tile paste. SOLVED

Tile paste? How about some details on how this is used to correct the curled up flooring.
I saw on Amazon lead tape that could possibly be used underneath the edge to weigh it down. The tape comes in a short roll, only a few feet and approximately 1/2 inch wide.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:45 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edutron View Post
Tile paste. SOLVED
What does tile paste have to do with the edge of the slideout material curling up when hitting the island?

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote