Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #1

Jayco Party Sofa Removal from Eagle 355MBQS

Hello all,

Has anyone removed their party sofa from their 5th wheel? We have a 2017 Eagle 355MBQS. We need to replace our party sofa and other sofa with something else as the faux leather has significantly peeled off of our furniture. Also, what have you replace your furniture with? Looking for suggestions. TIA.
jckunkel510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 02:32 PM   #2

I'm not sure what a party sofa is but I removed the jack knife sofa from both my 2016 28BHBE and my 2022 33RBTS. Both fit out the door with little to no effort. I replaced both couches with reclining theater seats.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:26 AM   #3

@Marcm157 Thank you for your response. Glad yours worked out for you. Our party couch consists of a pull-out couch, console and 2 recliners. I think it might be all screwed together somehow, making it appear as a one piece item. If we can take them out in sections, that will be great. Thank you again. I appreciate your insight. Sorry for the delayed Thank you. We were moving the kid back home from college.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:29 AM   #4

I removed our “L” shaped sofa a couple of years back. It wound up only having 1 hold-down screw in the floor (maybe 2) and a couple of screws in a side wall. I started by removing obvious screws that held it in place and checking for looseness. I got it mostly detached from the floor and wall, then started looking for screws holding the pieces together. The backs in the main sofa section were held in place by a clip on both sides and releasing the clips, pulling up removed them. The “L” piece came apart in pieces pretty easy as well. Everything went out thru the door. Take your time, these things are designed to be quick and simple to install so removal shouldn’t require any rocket science.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8114.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	87968
This is part way during the install, the slide-on attachments for the seat-backs are visible. Initially I did not secure it to the floor but a couple of trips suggested it’d be a good thing to do.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:05 PM   #5

RedHorse1, Thank you for your advice and sharing your experience. We will definitely be using the tips that you provided. Your sofa setup in your picture is very similar to ours. We love the setup but hate that it deteriorated so quickly. Your new sofa looks great. Is the quality of the new sofa better than what came with your 5th wheel?

Our 5th wheel is mainly used as our second/weekend home and stays stationary. I believe we may not need to tie down our new sofa to the floor initially, but as you suggested, we may still want to tie it down. Thank you again and your input is much appreciated.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:21 PM   #6

jck, you are very welcome!
Our original sofa was fabric and didn’t wear too gracefully. Our big complaint was it wasn’t comfortable either to sit or sleep on. Our replacement is holding up well but doesn’t have very many years on it (a touch under 3 yrs). It’s a “Thomas Payne” brand and we find it very comfortable. We bought the “pieces” we wanted (the 3 seating sections) and I found I had about a foot left over. I then ordered the center armrest to take up that space. The pieces are mix-n-match and just hook together. The 4 pieces we wound up with fit the available space almost perfectly and the 3 seating pieces are recliners. It has no bed but when we have guests an Aero-bed fills the bill.
Good luck and let the crowd know what you choose!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
355mbqs, party sofa, sofa replacement