Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
What are you waiting for...........I've never had a stinky slinky hooked up!
We have only had the Eagle a few months and used it twice. I drain the black tank in our septic cleanout and the Sanicon would not reach, so used 3 stinky slinky's. I WILL be getting a 3/4 hose to extend it out though to try it out. Just haven't done it yet. We are too busy getting the house ready to sell to do any camping. After the house sells we will be living in it until we can move into a new place.

Anyway, is there a way to tell if ours is the upgraded hose?
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Did Thetford send you the new retro-fitted hose? I'm FT and leave it out on the ground 24/7, 100+ degree weather and have not had a problem with it........knock on wood
I do the same thing. I leave it out all the time too. I've since split a piece of 3 inch PVC pipe and placed it around the hose to help protect it from sun and critters. Did a little moving around at first, but apparently a couple nicks and all that sun caused it to fail.

Thetford was actually who I contacted and they were the ones that shipped me out the new hose. Already upgraded with the nylon cover to protect it.

Tried to upload 2 pictures of the new hose. Not very good pictures, but it's just a braided nylon cover that protects the hose held in place with 2 hose clamps. In my case, they included a brand new hose with it.
Attached Thumbnails
2020-07-04 17_20_08-Photos.png   2020-07-04 17_21_11-Photos.png  
Old 07-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #23

I went out and took a pic of ours. I couldn't pull it out as it is under our tight cover. Can anyone tell if this is the upgraded hose? It feels like a type of rubber...

Old 07-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
We have only had the Eagle a few months and used it twice. I drain the black tank in our septic cleanout and the Sanicon would not reach, so used 3 stinky slinky's. I WILL be getting a 3/4 hose to extend it out though to try it out. Just haven't done it yet. We are too busy getting the house ready to sell to do any camping. After the house sells we will be living in it until we can move into a new place.

Anyway, is there a way to tell if ours is the upgraded hose?
If yours is a 2017 and you haven't had any problems yet, I'd say you have the newer hose. Not sure though.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #25

No, that's the origional hose.
Mine was a 2018, and still didn't have the upgrade.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwalkers View Post
No, that's the origional hose.
Mine was a 2018, and still didn't have the upgrade.
Thanks, I guess I will just baby it when we do actually use it. Will Thetford replace it under some kind of recall?
Old 07-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Thanks, I guess I will just baby it when we do actually use it. Will Thetford replace it under some kind of recall?
I think it was more of a good will type of thing from Thetford. I contacted them and politely voiced my concern about the hose failing within 2 years, and asked how much a new hose cost.

This was the reply that I got from them.

"I’m sorry the hose split on your Sani-con Turbo. I ordered up a new hose for you today, reference ####. It will be a sleeved hose that Jayco had us make up for them."

Based on her comment, I take that to mean that Jayco is aware of the issue.
Is it really and upgraded hose? Not really, but it's came with a sleeve that makes it more resistant to damage by the sun or dragging it on the ground.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #28

Quote:
I think it was more of a good will type of thing from Thetford. I contacted them and politely voiced my concern about the hose failing within 2 years, and asked how much a new hose cost.

This was the reply that I got from them.

"I’m sorry the hose split on your Sani-con Turbo. I ordered up a new hose for you today, reference ####. It will be a sleeved hose that Jayco had us make up for them."

Based on her comment, I take that to mean that Jayco is aware of the issue.
Is it really and upgraded hose? Not really, but it's came with a sleeve that makes it more resistant to damage by the sun or dragging it on the ground.

Hope this helps.

Great info, thanks again. Maybe I can just contact them and see if I can get the sleeve. Although since I haven't used ours yet, I have no idea if it leaks or not.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:30 PM   #29

Oh yeah!

Quote:
Wouldn't leave home without it. I've never used, nor do I carry a conventional dump hose. If in an emergency I ever needed one they're ready available.
Definitely agree. Huge advantage over the old gravity method.
Octane2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:43 PM   #30

Assume it does the grey tanks too? You still pull the T Handles in the convenience center, like you would use the stinky slinky, right?
Old 07-05-2020, 07:05 AM   #31

This is very similar to a Flowjet. I wish they had given you a longer hose with these. My Jayco did come with one installed for this reason. With my Flowjet, I can pump up to 100' away through a garden hose. When my fiver sits in my driveway, I have power, and water, and now secptic dump. They work great.
qs271a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:09 AM   #32

This is very similar to a Flowjet. I wish they had given you a longer hose with these. My Jayco did not come with one installed for this reason. With my Flowjet, I can pump up to 100' away through a garden hose. When my fiver sits in my driveway, I have power, and water, and now septic dump. They work great.
qs271a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:13 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by qs271a View Post
This is very similar to a Flowjet. I wish they had given you a longer hose with these. My Jayco did come with one installed for this reason. With my Flowjet, I can pump up to 100' away through a garden hose. When my fiver sits in my driveway, I have power, and water, and now secptic dump. They work great.
The Sanicon also allows dumping through a garden hose. Also, I just ordered a couple of extensions hoses for my Sanicon Turbo so I can run the Sanicon hoses to the septic clean out on the back of the house. The issue I had was finding someone that has the turbo hoses in stock since Amazon is sold out. I finally found them at adventurer.net. I have to pay for shipping but I will have the hoses before our next trip.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:50 AM   #34

Quote:
I do the same thing. I leave it out all the time too. I've since split a piece of 3 inch PVC pipe and placed it around the hose to help protect it from sun and critters. Did a little moving around at first, but apparently a couple nicks and all that sun caused it to fail.

Thetford was actually who I contacted and they were the ones that shipped me out the new hose. Already upgraded with the nylon cover to protect it.

Tried to upload 2 pictures of the new hose. Not very good pictures, but it's just a braided nylon cover that protects the hose held in place with 2 hose clamps. In my case, they included a brand new hose with it.
I got to thinking about this again last night and wanted to point out something else to everyone using the Sanicon system. If you leave it out in the sun where the wand end gets hot, the hose can heat up and it does not maintain a good tight seal on the wand. You will notice that I have a hose clamp on mine. I noticed that mine had worked it's way back almost 2 inches, and was just waiting to blow apart. I got it back into position and put the hose clamp on it. It hasn't moved since then.
Attached Thumbnails
2020-07-04 17_21_11-Photos.png  
Old 07-10-2020, 05:30 AM   #35

Quote:
I got to thinking about this again last night and wanted to point out something else to everyone using the Sanicon system. If you leave it out in the sun where the wand end gets hot, the hose can heat up and it does not maintain a good tight seal on the wand. You will notice that I have a hose clamp on mine. I noticed that mine had worked it's way back almost 2 inches, and was just waiting to blow apart. I got it back into position and put the hose clamp on it. It hasn't moved since then.
Mine came with hose clamps on both ends of the hose.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 AM   #36

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
We've used ours quite a bit on our 2020 Jayco 334 RLOK. Read all about the pinhole leaks. Decided to be proactive and bought a nylon sleeve. Put it on yesterday. Extra level of precaution!
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:05 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamdrdream View Post
We've used ours quite a bit on our 2020 Jayco 334 RLOK. Read all about the pinhole leaks. Decided to be proactive and bought a nylon sleeve. Put it on yesterday. Extra level of precaution!
Where did you buy the sleeve?
Old 07-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #38

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
Quote:
Where did you buy the sleeve?

AmazonClick image for larger version

Name:	A35CF392-420A-4D95-8147-54FE254017B4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	61762
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:10 AM   #39

Clarification

A point of clarification to my earlier post. I found that if you order the Sanicon hose which is 1 1/4 ID it does not come with connecting hose clamps. If you order the Sanicon Turbo hose which is 1 1/2 ID it comes with 2 hose clamps.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #40

My experience pumping through a hose smaller than 3/4”... the sanicon motor was overheating and shutting off. And then it blew the nozzle off the end of the sanicon hose and it whipped around spewing my black tank like a mad snake. That was my lesson to use a 3/4” hose. No problems in the three years since :-)
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote