Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 AM   #1

Tankless water new issue

Tankless worked fine first few trips. On this one, it dispenses water hotter than what has been dialed up on wall controller. For example, set it to 98 degrees and 103 degrees is coming out shower. Anyone else experienced this and have a fix?
berkashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkashire View Post
Tankless worked fine first few trips. On this one, it dispenses water hotter than what has been dialed up on wall controller. For example, set it to 98 degrees and 103 degrees is coming out shower. Anyone else experienced this and have a fix?
I think you're near the bottom limit. It's 95* F I think.

Maybe the unit has a hard time hitting temps that low?
Maybe the incoming water is too warm?
Maybe the flow is too slow?
Old 07-03-2018, 08:02 AM   #3

Ground water temps and onboard tank water temps will effect heater outlet temps. We have found with setting the temp at preferred individual settings a slight various outlet temps are a norm. I just wish I would remember to turn it back up after my shower. The DW loves her hot water for dishes....

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #4

The Girard has a single stage burner and so it's either on or off. Depending on the flow thru the unit as well as the temperature of the incoming water, the Girard can sometimes struggle to maintain the temperature set on the control panel, whether that be too warm as you are seeing and is probably due to the water not flowing thru the unit fast enough or in the instance or really cold ground water, it can't flow slow enough for the burner to have enough time to heat the water to the desired temp.

It was one of the reasons we immediately removed all flow restrictors in all faucets. Short of doing that, one thing you could try to increase flow is that while showering, turn on the hot water in the bathroom sink as well to ensure as much water is flowing thru the burner as possible.