Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2019, 11:17 AM   #41

After getting ripped off with very expensive aluminum tri-fold, I went with a very inexpensive Truxedo vinyl roll up. After a year and half in a ton of rain (Southern downpours), it does not leak, fits snug, looks good, and does the job. I could go through four of these before touching the price of the "fancy" job that I learned my lesson with. I do not live in or frequent high crime areas, so vandalism and theft are not much of a consideration for me. I am sure that there are some excellent expensive designs, maybe I will try another one someday. This simple, less is more, cover is best for now.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:16 PM   #42

Roof cleaner

We currently are parked under a tree great shade but I have mold and I am looking for advise on cleaning the roof 2017 pinnacle
Waterman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:31 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
What are y'all using for tonneau covers on your tow vehicles, allowing proper pin box swing and rearward visibility when the cover is folded open?

Todd take a look at Roll N Lock

Those you can open to any position and it stays in place. I wanted one of those, but ended up with an auxiliary tank that is above bed rails.......so can't use one now.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
After getting ripped off with very expensive aluminum tri-fold, I went with a very inexpensive Truxedo vinyl roll up. After a year and half in a ton of rain (Southern downpours), it does not leak, fits snug, looks good, and does the job. I could go through four of these before touching the price of the "fancy" job that I learned my lesson with. I do not live in or frequent high crime areas, so vandalism and theft are not much of a consideration for me. I am sure that there are some excellent expensive designs, maybe I will try another one someday. This simple, less is more, cover is best for now.

I’ve got the Truxedo Low Pro myself. Super easy install and looks great. Functions as I need. My truck is garaged, so it’s main purpose is to keep my hitch covered and bed items out of sight when not connected to the trailer. If I had to pick one negative, it’s that car washes seem to be rubbing on spot near a corner causing a 1” faded/scratched area. No big deal.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #45

I have a long bed with the Access rollup cover. Most folding covers for a long bed seem to stack higher than I like. I have had friends with the folding covers and they are great until they start to leak between the panels. I've never had water get through the Access unless I didn't seal it tight when rolling it out.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #46

I have the advantage Sure fit roll up snap on cover, I got this 6 years ago because it was the cheapest and I wanted something when money was a little tighter, I have had to replace most of the snaps (no big deal). I loved this so much when I ripped the cover the other month I went out and spent my own money to buy a second one, can not give a better recommendation than that. Plus it is Made in the USA all for $230.
2003 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel (Sold)
Reese Steadi-Flex (Sold)
DH, SWMBO, DS, & Dog
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #47

My personal favorite is Peragon. I like that Peragon covers don’t interfere with the truck’s stake pockets so that you can install a variety of accessories and it is compatible with most aftermarket products such as rail caps, ladder racks, fifth wheel hitches etc. Also Bakflip is a popular choice, many of my friends prefer it because of the low weight. https://tonneaucovershub.com/peragon...tonneau-cover/
Colmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #48

Peragon has a 90 day full money back guarantee, including return shipping, so I pulled the trigger on one a little over 90 days go... and it’s still on my truck.

It’s been great. As waterproof as my trifold fabric tonneau, no rattles or squeaks from the aluminum slats, and very easy to remove and install.

I run 6” of bed rail clearance, and the Peragon sits 1/2” above the rails and reduces the open width of the bed a few inches. My Goose Box pin box at 90 degrees gets too close for comfort, so I remove the entire assembly when I tow. With their Platinum install kit, it literally takes about 5 minutes to remove or install the whole thing.

For a premium metal retractable design, the price can’t be beat either, it’s like half the price of the competition since they only sell direct to the public.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #49

I have had a paragon on my truck for 5 years. Still looks and works great
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #50

Have used Access brand cover on two trucks. It is a simple roll up that seals to the side rail with Velcro. Not in the way at all when rolled up. Also, it is the only one I’ve found that will work with a cross bed tool box.
1973 IH 1210 CC
1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
[SIGPIC]
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
I’ve got the Truxedo Low Pro myself. Super easy install and looks great. Functions as I need. My truck is garaged, so it’s main purpose is to keep my hitch covered and bed items out of sight when not connected to the trailer. If I had to pick one negative, it’s that car washes seem to be rubbing on spot near a corner causing a 1” faded/scratched area. No big deal.

I’ll second this. Great cover. I’ll also second the car wash faded spot. Very happy with my Low Pro.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote