Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2019, 09:37 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack1953 View Post
TnHiker, If you don't mind, where do you live in TN? I live in TN and the dealer I bought from was family owned but was bought out. A friend had bought one from them when they were family owned and the service was great. Not any more. My friend upgraded after I bought my first FW and he quit even going there because of the change in service.
I live in Athens, Athens is 50 miles south of Knoxville and 50 miles north of Chattanooga. The dealer that took care of my warranty issues was Dunlap RV in Alcoa/Knoxville, Tn. I heard that they have been bought out by someone.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack1953 View Post
TnHiker, If you don't mind, where do you live in TN? I live in TN and the dealer I bought from was family owned but was bought out. A friend had bought one from them when they were family owned and the service was great. Not any more. My friend upgraded after I bought my first FW and he quit even going there because of the change in service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHiker View Post
I live in Athens, Athens is 50 miles south of Knoxville and 50 miles north of Chattanooga. The dealer that took care of my warranty issues was Dunlap RV in Alcoa/Knoxville, Tn. I heard that they have been bought out by someone.
That name came up before, read post #19 in this thread. Apparently the only person who is not there is the original owner who retired. Rest of the staff and management hasn't changed.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHiker View Post

They have been bought out. I bought mine from Dunlap in Lebanon, TN. It takes a month usually to get in and at least three to four weeks to get it back. Didn't use to be like that according to friends that bought and had service done before they were bought out. Glad to hear the Alcoa/Knoxville store isn't like that. I have found a trailer shop in Franklin, TN that will do the work (warranty or not). They are the one that replaced the front axle on my FW (nothing I did according to Lippert). I called and was in in a week. Had to wait on the axle to be shipped in but they set up the appointment based on the delivery date. It got in two days late but they brought me in the next day and had the axle replaced in half a day.
B&W Companion 5th Wheel

Centerville,TN
backpack1953 is offline   Reply With Quote