Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2022, 05:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles57 View Post
I talked to Samsung about winterizing and was told that doesn't work.
Samsung might actually be a little less helpful than one might think. Whirlpool doesn't tell us as customers to go into diagnostic mode either to cycle, but it does work, and saves a TON of time.

Is it possible for you get the model number of fridge?
Old 11-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #22

Sitting in campground and it’s raining sooo I grabbed the instructions and tried it on my whirlpool (Model WRS571CIHZ01). I didn’t have antifreeze hooked up but could hear the solenoid open to fill and then the motor engage to harvest the ice. I am confident it will work when we get home and winterize. As noted it will save me a lot of time in the storage lot running a generator to winterize. I guess I’ll have to stuff some rags in the ice bucket to catch the water that comes out until the antifreeze cycles thru.

THANK YOU for sharing this.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 11:00 PM   #23

I tackled winterizing our Pinnacle yesterday. It has the Whirlpool fridge and I have followed Jayco's instructions to remove the kick plate, disconnect the 2 water lines, blow air across them and wait for the water to come. Very little ever does. The instructions also say not to use anti freeze in it so I don't. It's stored inside an unheated and uninsulated garage so it is subjected to freezing temps, last year we had a morning at 8 below, but I've not had any leaks.

After not getting much out of the lines behind the toe kick yesterday I decided to see if there was anything behind the fridge. I have the access panel in mine so I can get to the lower rear part of the fridge. I disconnected the water feed line from the solenoid and got a bunch out even after blowing it out thru both the sink spigot and the low drain point under the kitchen slide. I tried to remove the 2 lines on the back side of the solenoid to see if there was any water in them but couldn't get them loose. I finally decided to just cut them and reconnect them with a couple of 5/16 push couplers. Not as much water came out as from the feed line but there was some. I'm not sure how much of the water I got out but better than nothing.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0460.jpg  
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:24 PM   #24

Hey Jim,
Did you see my post about connecting an air compressor to the city water inlet and letting it run for a day or 2? That's what I do and it works great. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: I check the ice bin to make sure it pushes the rest of the water through. When I see tiny ice cubes in the bin, I know I got all the water out. Very simple. Just takes patients.
2022 F350 Lariat Premium Stone grey CCLB SRW 7.3 4:30*
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
mkrenn is offline   Reply With Quote